Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hey all who reads this magnificent blog. I decided to make a post about all of my clothes because this was the biggest challenged I faced getting ready for my mission! I'm about 6 feet tall and the modesty was the hardest thing for me. So here are most of my finds!! :D

**The first step to a sister missionaries wardrobe is decide how you want to style yourself. By that I mean you do the fun tops, or the fun skirts so it's easier to match everything to everything. For me I did the fun, crazy skirts and solid, neutral tops. It all depended on the first skirt I actually bought. Skirts come first, then the shirts.

SKIRTS: The rule for a sister missionary is now below the knee and above the ankles..... soo...... I spent under $30 dollars for each skirt, because lets get real. No one completely cares what you look like on a mission except the Lord. I also am riding a bike so they have to be FULL enough for my legs to move. Which was also a huge deal, everywhere had pencil skirts. But finding the full long length ones were insane. Also, I needed skirts that are easy wash, no dry clean, have to be easy to manage! So that was also another challenge!

The left is the typical black A-line skirt, typical missionary attire, I found that one at the missionary mall in Provo. The brown and white striped skirt I found a the swap meet in Orange County and it's this knit material, it's like a short maxi skirt. Which I love freaking Maxi's. The black one (arguably my favorite) (In my missionary pictures) I got at Target. Yes, target. I saw my friend serving a mission in Korea had this so I stole her Idea and bought one for myself. Unfortunately this is the only not full skirt so this will be an MTC skirt only. Tear..

These are quite awesome and I got SO lucky on these skirts. They are all from Papaya clothing, I think it may be a California store possibly, but we have them everywhere. These are ALL the same style but different color. Which is totally fine by me. I bought the middle one (brown polka dot) first for $7 which was unbelievable because it was perfect. I went online to www.papayaclothing.com where I found the other two for $18 dollars, still can't go wrong with an $18 skirt. They also came with adorable belts. Ah, I'm so awesome.

The left orange Tribal Print skirt I found at the Zion's outlet in Saint George called "Urban Trends" I believe and it's so cute on. I can't even handle it. I actually wore this one to my sisters wedding which happened to be the same color orange. Phew. The two middle skirts I found at Stein Mart, it was lucky too. They were on clearance and had thousands of long skirts to choose from, these were my favorite out of them. $14, can't go wrong. The right one is AWESOME. Chevron? The best. But this one is an original from my mother, she sewed it. Just perfect to fit me.... talk about spoiled.


 SHIRTS: The rule for shirts is they have to be modest and no T-shirts. Since I'm going to Thailand, T-shirts would be just fabulous..... mmm nope. So we decided to jazz up the T-shirts so that they would be professional enough to wear. I also was lucky to find some other T-shirt like material that would be easy to manage. So many restrictions. So little time. Thank goodness for my mother who knows how to sew......
These shirts are all from H&M, which are beautiful T-shirts because they cover your under garments perfectly. My mom and I went to Joann's and found some little embellishments to put on them. They are a little hard to see unfortunately but they turned out great! Perfect for Thailand.  


These are the rest of my shirts, I purchased some at Sam's Club, Target, Loft, H&M, Papaya, and Forever 21. That's basically it. Shirts were harder to find than skirts believe it or not. As you can see I tried to stick with solid shirts to match my crazy skirts. With an exception of a few.

Cardigans.....Match everything you can with them. I tried to stick with fun solid color cardigans to go with my sweet skirts. I brought some solid t-shirts to go under them as well. I love the mustard. Probably my favorite. I found the mustard in a small boutique in Utah. The lime green at a store called Loft on clearance. And I found the peach cardigan at H&M. I love them. I will mostly be wearing these in the MTC before I start sweating in them in Thailand. Bleh.

Just my accessories. I really kept my accessories cheap just in case they get stolen. My leopard print scarf. Love. H&M. I found some bracelets at a place called Charming Charlie's which was a great cheap accessory store. I found my rose necklace at Rue 21, my watch at target ($14), my necklaces at forever 21(under $3 each), one of them I got from a boy :D, and some studded earrings at target. Since the earrings I got were sterling silver I paid a little more for those, ($13) but It's okay, I keep them all in that sandwich container I got at walmart. Perfect size. 

Hope this helps, if not, that sucks. It's slightly funner than I thought to keep a blog.... hmmm

1 comment:

  1. It is fun...too bad you realized that right before you are about to leave! :). You are amazing and I love your clothes, although I'm positive all those Thai people are going to absolutely adore you no matter your attire :)

    ReplyDelete