Monday, November 11, 2013

What is uppppp in hereee

Hey everyone! 

    Some awesome news is that I'm alive. I may have worms but I'm alive:) Haha. Some more great news is that my mission has totally changed around this last week. Some more cool news is Loas Elders are bombs and they teach english every night there because they aren't allowed to proselyte at all so their english program blew up to where they had registration day where they would only accept the first 150 people that stood in line to register. They had like 400 people show up or something. The first lady of Loas walked right to the front of the line and signed up her daughter. They had police come and tell them that if they were going to make that big of a scene they need 24 hour security at the church. Haha. It's way awesome.... 

    Our mission..... How do I say this. IS LEGIT. This last week our mission is so focused on baptisms. The higher our numbers the closer we are to a temple. This week we received a brand new training from president senior that had us all in tears. A new way of contacting. Sounds crazy but this last week we had 5 baptisms from this new way of contacting. Next week we have five. And the week after that we have 5 baptisms and it's just going up. We literally go to a crazy busy place, ask if they are familiar with baptism and ask if they want to get baptized in two weeks. I have daters from this. It's way uncomfortable and way crazy and as a trainer I have to set that example for sister Her and it's wayyyy intense. It is a fast way of sifting and then if they have 5 minutes you drag them to the church and teach them a lesson. I've had 2 of those lessons in the last 3 days and they are soooo instensly scary ahhaha. But we have seen CRAZY miracles from it.... Also our numbers this last week were through the roof. It was a serious witness to everyone in the mission that we are serious about getting Thailand a temple..... I know they used the analogy if 2 people get baptized and 1 falls away is it better than 10 people getting baptized and 8 falls away? No it's not. Because those ten people have the opportunity to go to the celestial kingdom again.......... with out the water and the spirit you can't enter the kingdom of heaven. Those 8 that fell away still can enter heaven if they repent. It's a wayyyy weird shallow explanation but I've cared more about the salvation of others than I've ever in my whole mission...... It's way exciting. The Lord literally said in D&C "I will hasten my work in it's time." That time has totally come. The prophets have said it. We are pushing it and are crazy focused! 

    I love my misson. It's special. Precious. All of the above. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss seeing my crazy nephews turn 4 this week. Or Cailyn turning 10. Or Mckay turning 3....... Or miss going and running after crazy homeless people (Dad) haha. I really do miss home. But. This next year is totally not my year. So I'll just give it all. Don't need to worry about me... I'm fat that means I'm eating well. I'll send pictures this week. Mormon prom sounds legit. Miss you all!!!!! <3 Keep praying for missionary opportunities. The missionaries aren't the only people that have to bring people closer to Christ..... 

-Sister Phelps

Yummy omelet!

yummy street food. Literally we are totally on the street. Don't remember me this way.

I found hot cheetos!!!!! :)

that guy.... his name is dat.... he is a soccer stud. He is our awesome miracle investigator that the elders found and we taught him and got him baptized!

our awesome baptisms

I love my district

No comments:

Post a Comment