Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sorry for Nothing

"Where is my supersuit." "I put it away." "but I neeeeed it!"

    I feel like this quite often. haha. But seriously. Missionary work is awesome. This week was very well. I don't know. A little discouraging. We are finding a lot of half prepared people. Still taught the restoration like 15 times this last week. I'm just like. I'M DONE TEACHING THE FIRST LESSON. Please just let me teach the other ones haha... No it's good. We are bringing a lot of people to the knowledge of the gospel it's just hard because none of them are progressing and we feel like we are doing everything we can.

    On the bright side we got dairy queen cake last week for Pday and ate it.... and I didn't get that fat. Someone at church yesterday asked if I got skinnier... I was shocked and complimented. haha. And sister Holmes and I got a stretch band for our arms because I'm just not ready to be in relief society yet.... so we have been doing that sort of work out.... I love that girl. She makes the hard days not so hard.

    hmmmm..... I'm trying to think what happened this week. OH DUH. WE GOT A BAPTISM!:) Our cute little investigator got baptized.... Love her....

    We are going to chiang mai this week! So excited for zone conference and the sisters there are doing a switch off so I can go visit my RC's :) I'm really really really excited. And we are eating the dukes:) yummmm. best burgers in thailand.

    ahh! I swear I'm happy I literally have nothing that huge happened this week! Sister Holmes and I started reading the book of mormon in english with some girls preparing to serve a mission here in the near future an hour a week. and It's awesome. We love what we do. We just REALLY dislike peoples agency haha....it gets in the way of everything! But please pray for Chiang Rai. We are seeing a ton of adversity in the work here even the elders are too. But we are working hard for these miracles. 

    So we are allowed a facebook now... and it's just to motivate our investigators and members so me and sister holmes are thinking of getting a ukelele and singing hymns(mostly her... she has the good voice) and I just play the ukelele. it seems like a good idea:)

    Last night sister Holmes and I were a little burned out and just really exhausted emotionally and physically and so we decided to go contacting at the mall right by our house for a bit just because we knew that we couldn't go home early and we were just sort of going through the motions not really feeling it and we ended up having 2 people come up to us asking for our pamphlet and telling us they have been looking for a christian church to be baptized in and are so excited.... I've literally never had that happen before....It literally just gave us the boost of hope just knowing that this isn't our work. We don't need to stress and the prepared people are looking for us. Finding finding finding. Thats what we are doing... but it's not our work... it's not a lot of peoples time... but I'm a teacher... and someone who invites others to learn.... so thats what I'm going to do for the rest of my mission:) I love it. 

I love you all. Keep your prayers here in Chiang Rai. ! <3

Sister Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment