Monday, June 9, 2014

Weeeek

    This last week has probably been one of the hardest on my mission..... We went to Chiang Mai and had zone conference and it was legit. I had an interview with president telling him I feel sad for not seeing a great amount of success in my area and my hope and faith (satan's discouragment) had decreased and then he helped me like a bundle. I was just stoked to get back to our area and just work hard and see success wiht this new training we recieved. Well. My head was really itchy... REALLY ITCHY..... Then. I got back to my area.... and made sister Holmes check my head.....and then I learned a new thai word for "lice"

    LICE. I'm like. My perfect luck. Now? Now??? Then we had to botch some more work days to fix this lice problem. And then...SISTER HOLMES had lice too! Oh my gosh. WE were the saddest puppies in the world. Crying. well I was. I felt so down we couldn't get to work because of stupid lice..(missionary problems).. had to disinfect our apartment and comb all the lice out of our hair. took abou 3 hours for sister holmes to do my hair and about 1 hour to do hers... But the plus side is we wore some do rags on our head and took some awesome pictures..... But yes it was definitely hard because we had no investigators to work with. Then our RC Jewie called us and told us her friend is intrested in learning... That was legit. on sunday we only had 1 investigator at church for sacrament. Then of COURSE 10 more investigators come after the sacrament meeting. haha. It was perfect... But really we felt blessed. All former investigators we didn't even call came back and brought there friends. Just a beautiful tender mercy of the Lord.

    Another tender mercy is we got rid of the lice in one and a half days.... I don't know if that ever happens.... just another tender mercy..

    I don't have much to report on..... I'm grateful to be a missionary. The adversary can only make us stronger if we fight through it. And The LORD IS ALWAYS THERE FOR US... no matter what our silly circumstance may be.

Love you all. Keep Chiang Rai in your prayers:) 
Sister Phelps











No comments:

Post a Comment