Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Marie was right...my bum has never hurt more than it does riding a bike

Hey Family! :) 

    Shorter letter today.... I'm doing AMAZING..... I had no idea the Lord has this amazing adventure in my life planned out for me. I'm seeing miracles left and right and my personal testimony is being strengthened like crazy...

    Soooo I had a dream! That I served a full mission. And I came home! And I was at the airport. And I get off the plane and there is my family..... And I'm soooo excited... And who runs up to me? Owen.... And Owen gives me the BIGGEST hug and starts bawling his little eyes out and was like Emilee I missed you so much. And I look around and everyone is like bawling because who would've have guessed Owen would be the one to do that. And It was the sweetest dream I ever had... I MISS MY LITTLE NUGGETS! Seriously toughest part about being on a mission is watching those nuggets grow up with out me! But that's okay..... I knew it would be hard....
Also, Tyler Phelps. How was your birthday. My last letter was supposed to make you feel guilty that you haven't written me in ages! Punk face. I want to see pictures of your kid....

    This week family I saw miracles happen! Sister Carter and I fasted..... One day we felt the need to fast for 24 hours.... which is a new thing that I've never experienced hunger like before. But yes... we fasted for this area to get more investigators.... We currently have  3 progressing investigators. They are SOLID. THey are single adult girls ages 20-22 and they have become our best friend. Nam, Pii, and Yuueey. Wow that's hard to write in English haha. Two of them are getting baptized next week and one is probably the first of September... They are brand new investigators we found the first time we fasted the first week we were in Thailand....And guess what happened. Something so classic.... We go to the park yesterday morning, and find a women on a bench. Feeling prompted we sit down with her and start talking about God. And the best part is that she spoke perfect English... So we had this beautiful conversation in English and Thai. She is probably like 25 and we just asked her about God. And she was like, I will be honest I don't believe in God But the way you represent yourselves is really inspiring. My life is not good, and you guys look so happy. So we taught this women how to pray. To ask God if he was real... And she said she would. And she was telling us that she has never been to that park before. But something told her to go that day. SO she went. And was so inspired about our message of God, Jesus Christ, and Prayer. She was so astonished that we would give our lives up for 18 months to pay and come serve a mission.... She was so perfect. And So willing to hear the gospel. And I know that she needs the gospel and she wants to meet with us because she wants us to help her make some life decisions... Me and Sister Carter were like, Well.... We can help you make one. Join the church. Haha. We didn't say that last part, because she probably would've accepted. But anyways. It was amazing! We know she is going to get baptized! And we have so many more people that want to talk to us... I feel so blessed to be in a country where no matter how Buddhist anyone is they will always talk to you about the Gospel.... AHHHHH I HAVE THE BEST MISSION...... Fasting. Brings. Miracles. If the intention is right."

    This week was fast. I won't lie. I swear I was just emailing you! I went to Non Khai last week to visit the Border of Loas! Pretty much the coolest thing in the world to see the separartion between Thailand and Loas and the economic differences..... I had a companion exchange with a Khon Thai! Crazy, My Thai improved because all she could say/sing in English were two things. "poop"(Obviously we were friends) and"Heyyyyy Sexy Ladddy..." Gangam Style. Yup..... It's huge here... It's weird. All my cups have Gangam Style guy on it.... haha.. Classic. Anways. The thing with native Thai missionaries is they are lazy and disobedient.... It's a known fact..... We ended up not doing much missionary work, went shopping so she could get some shoes, and went on a date with some flamboyant men. Don't worry it wasn't a date... It just wasn't missionary appropriate and they were less actives..... Soooooo, But truth be told is I learned a TON from that experience and how hard of a missionary I want to work....

    Funny is still all around. You know me... Let's see. I am pretty sure I officially broke my intestines this week.... I don't even understand! They feel like they are going to explode every morning. And Sister Carter is still the same way. So I'm just going to have to suffer like every other missionary.... But yes haha. Okay so I'm with my Khon Thai companion and I had to use the bathroom. So we get to the bathroom and I just am obviously experiencing terrible Thai food reactions.... And then, I look over, no toilet paper..... And I'm like. Oh shoot. I don't know the word for Toilet paper in Thai.... And I'm like, "Sister Kitima, may mii toilet paper." And then I hear the worst words any American with an upset intestine would be sad to hear. "Toilet Paper kxx aray?" (What is toilet paper) I'm like, Great. I'm screwed. It took me a painful 5 minutes trying to describe toilet paper to her in every possible descriptive word I know.... Jeeeeez...

Hahaha. Oh my Thai. Definitely improving everyday. I can finally read like a normal person. Speaking i'm slow at, and understanding is way better than when I entered the country... But when someone speaks straight up Aseon, Sister Carter and I have to walk away, because, we have never learned that language! It's frustrating...
My food i always crave off the streets is an omelet. Yes. A friend delicious omelet oh my gosh! Soooooo gooooood. I cannot get over it. Ever..... It's got like Thai spices and vegetables and this chile sauce. Oh my gosh. I need one for lunch I just decided...... Pad Thai and fried rice is still a classic dish. And fresh spring egg rolls and Vietnamese Thai food. And Papaya salad. To die for...I really have because a vegetarian. I just can't get over the fact that they never refrigerate meat. And they let it sit in the sun. I just can't do it. Ever.... It's depressing. Expect I will In like restaurants and nice place. I miss cheese a lot too. I will never get cheese here... A wheel of Gouda Cheese about 200 dollars hear.... normal packs of cheese is like 10 dollars or something. Just too expensive.... Sad.... The weather is nice. Just pours everyday.. I'm tired of being wet sometimes. But it's hot so it really doesn't bother me too much:)
Love you much, Keep it up!

Sister Phelps

Me and Loas:) I love it so much

Sister Painter and I in a Tug Tug

Me and Bathroom sign.... It's a cool Bathroom Sign

Me and Sister Gitima

My cool new elephant Pants... I love them

Can you guess how many 7/11 in these photos? haha. Thailand is so ridiculous.



Just some of my favorite investigators that got baptized yesterday.... My hair was so wet... Also we had 6 baptisms this last week in 2 branches. How amazing....



Sister Carter and I on our bikes this morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment