Monday, July 8, 2013

Made it to Thailand!!

Emilee had to take a flight Monday night from SLC to LAX airport, get on a 14 hour flight to Hong Kong, wait 4 hours, and then finish her journey with a flight to Bangkok.  She got to call Mom and Dad from SLC to let them know she was on her way, and she e-mailed from Hong Kong to let Mom know she was safe. She arrived in Bangkok on Wednesday morning.

at the airport

This is the video of part of the call Mom and Dad got when she was at SLC airport:


The e-mail Emilee wrote from China:

   Hey hey heyyyy. I made it safely.! I can't seem to figure out the Cantanese pay phones, but i did see "free internet service" so i jumped right on that :) I'm safe in Hong Kong! It is freaking gorgeous here I cannot believe it! I don't know when I can e-mail next but I'm sure some time! I'm headed to Thailand In an hour! Yeah no big deal the airport in Hong Kong is on an island and I shant believe it looks like the future here. The whole airport is windows, and the hills and mountains are beautiful! The fourteen hour plane ride was pretty ridiculous.... So much turbulance I thought maybe there was one point I was going to die. Mom would've died. It was like movie turbulance for about 30 minutes. I literally thought, Hm.... Is it time to meet my maker? Haha. But yes... And then Elder Proctor sitting right next to me woke up smiling ear to ear. Apparently he likes it. So yes. I feel good. I'm awake. We had airplane food. I was pretty stoked about the fact that 1) I don't know what happened to Tuesday, and 2) they fed us dinner at 2 in the morning making everyone not sleep. I love people:) haha....I'm set to go to Thailand! Woo hooo. Have a good week! Love you all. I'll e-mail you when I e-mail you!

When Emilee arrived in Thailand, Mom and Dad got a letter and few pictures from her Mission President and his wife. Hooray!

The group Emilee arrived with

President and Sister Senior with Sister Phelps


No comments:

Post a Comment