Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I HAVE A NIECE!

    You don't even know how happy I am to be at a computer this morning! It was a holiday in Thailand (way too many) and it was crazy trying to find an internet cafe!! I love my niece!!! Little Lyla is so beautiful! I made sister Carter race her bicycle with me to get here as fast as we can! I opened the email and cried....... a little.... I was happy to hear everything is good and that Mckay is the stud that I would always hope he will remain..... AHH:) 

    Happy birthday to the Punk Brother of mine that has only written me ONCE so far:) Tomorrow in Thailand is your birthday. Don't worry I didn't forget.... I'm in some search of some elephant ties here. They are everywhere when it's not pday...But pday seems to hate me:) But I will send a tiny package when I find some! 
Thailand is great! I love my life. It's honestly been so hard this week. Language is definitely not my strength speaking, but understanding I can do.... It's great. I feel like I know way more than If I would've came here without the Lord and I'm getting better everyday... So I'm good. And the Thai people are just way too awesome!
We have a baptism this week hopefully to try to meet our goal this month. Her name is Yuueey and she is the cutest girl we have ever met. She is so in tune with the Spirit and is just strong. She is awesome. We found her 2 weeks ago at english. It's great. Work in the field is so much thanks to english class. It's the best day out of the week with new investigators that just feel the spirit at our church and want to learn more and realize it's the only true church. So yes.... :)

    So this week was pretty normal and scheduled like. We haven't really found anyone new to teach but we went on a companion exchange this week and my companion was a KHON THAI (a missionary native to Thailand). I could only speak Thai for a whole day. It really did help me a ton! I really improved and she was so cute and nice. I forgot to take a picture with her but oh well. Sister Carter is sister training leader over the whole Aseon sisters so we go on companion exchanges once a week. It's a lot of traveling and pretty hard to organize our lives most of the time. We have 2 comp exchanges this week and I'll be with another Khon Thai. I'm excited....

    Thailand is SO crazy family... You wouldn't believe the crazy here..... cats and dogs EVERYWHERE! Stray ugly and old... And skinny. And gross.... No wonder there is so much mystery meat at the street vendors:) The scariest moments of my mission is when there is a dog that starts chasing me..... I'm not even kidding my heart starts beating so fast... It's only happened once.... But if they bite you and It breaks skin you have to get a rabies shot. Ain't no body got time for that..... But yeah.... I hate them...... 

    Udon is basically a jungle family..... it's the most beautiful fun little place ever... It looks like a movie riding my bike swerving between cars (Yes I do that. Sister Carter IS a beast).... But the house are old and stacked on each other.... My town house is so nice. I'm going to send a picture of the outside......

    Thai People are so funny family. I've never met more ridiculous sinners in my life. Haha. Like in a humorous way. One day me and sister Carter are going to get food and the vendor comes up to us and is drunk and he wais (greets) us and is like, "I am a dog." In english.... And me and sister Carter just start ROLLING. It was so funny. With the most Asian accent say that. Oh gosh. My life is so complete right now... Also when we got to Thailand family, I keep forgetting to tell you this but all the workers in the mission office are thai and they come up to ME.  and is like. Oh my gosh! It's sister Phelps!! It's her. Take my picture with her. And they give me a Book of Mormon and start to stand by me. And I'm like, what the heck is going on....haha. And they brought me to the computer and the mission has this Facebook page for Thailand and there I am.... My face with my Book of Mormon in the weeds.... How ridiculous. haha. Right????? I'm like, oh my gosh. It had tons of likes and shares. I'm like I'm so confused. I'm famous in Thailand apparently haha! :) Also the only thing some people in our ward know how to say to us white people is, "Are you tired?" In english. I love it more than sticky rice:) bahaha. The people are so funny and just fun! I want to be around them all the time... Our mission Leader brother Gang (Gang means skilled in Thai) he told me I looked like Reese Witherspoon yesterday.... haha. So funny! And every second the people tell me I am so gang at thai... but tell Sister Carter she is SO much better haha. The people are so straightforward it's hilarious.

    The pepole are SUPER Buddist too. It's pretty crazy I won't lie. They have so many spirit houses and wats I'm like, holy crustoly....
    In Udon for advertisement there are these HUGE Trucks that go around with large speakers advertising them. It's the most annoying thing especially riding a bike. I'm like. Shush you speakers Asian. And the problem is they talk so quiet here. I'm like, Yo speakers. You do not need to be that loud!

    Last week family I went to 2 funerals. Yes. TWO. How crazy. One was for a member in our ward and the other one was a random Buddhist old white man. His wife was like 40 and a Thai. I see that EVERYWHERE here. Old American men with young thai girls. It's slightly disturbing.... But ok. 

    Everyone in thailand has nicknames because there names are so long no one could pronounce them. It's crazy. I'm sure you heard the"donut and cheetoh" (someone nicknamed their kids donut and cheeto). Yeah it's pretty weird. In church we call everyone brother "nickname" So no one in the family has the same name when you call them at church. It's pretty cool. There names often mean things.... Like gang.... I always get asked what my name means. I'm like you know, Dragon sword fighter... what up. Just kidding:) I wish....

One last thing is everyone wears flip flops. It's harilous!

    I love this gospel, family. I love that we can be together forever.... I love that Lyla is so close to the veil and it warms my heart. I LOVE being a missionary no matter how many bug bites I get.... It seriously is the greatest calling I will ever recive. I know the Lord lives. The prophet has asked us ALL to read the Book of Mormon before Christmas. I encourage everyone along with me to do that... I have absolutely NO time for it. But I'm making sure I finish it before Christmas as a gift for the Savior! I love you all and hope everyone is doing well!!!! Till next week:)

Sister Phelps



Explains my companion perfectly

That is our cute little house!

No comments:

Post a Comment