Monday, September 16, 2013

Another Week Another Email!

What up Khrab Khrua?????

    :) How is everyone? I got a lot of emails today. I'm totally in love with all of them!!! First off, Colby and Marie. I opened up that email of your kids singing me happy birthday with their anaconda squeeze and just started BALLING. In the middle of the internet cafe. I feel a little silly. I think my companion thinks I'm crazy.... Haha. It was a little hysterical crying. What can I say. I miss those munchkins. Also seeing those videos of Conner. I couldn't help but laugh so hard about his awesome mustache! I never see mustaches here because Thai people don't have hair..... But my zone leader saw a guy with a mustache and asked him how long it took for him to grow it. Needless to say, it was a great introduction to the gospel. And my zone leader TOTALLY taught him the gospel.... What was I saying? Oh yes..... This week Sister C and I got a little hasty towards each other and she was saying something depressing and I was like, are you kidding me? You are NOT allowed to be sad. You get to go home in 4 weeks and get an amazing hug from your dad and your family will just love you and you get to go meet your nephew that was born on your mission and you will be such a happy soul. I was like do you know what I would do for another hug from my dad and brothers and nephews (my whole family is implied.... I just can't hug men) . Needless to say I missed my family very much.......

    BUTTTT... This week was awesome!!!!!!! We taught some people the gospel who are VERY receptive to it. Sister Carter gave this man a book of Mormon because he looked sad and we called him a couple days later and he told us he read half of it already. We are meeting with him tonight:) We taught another lady who gained her testimony through a prayer with her Father in Heaven and is super interested in the Book of Mormon. And we helped a less active man almost get the priesthood restored to him so he can bless his wife that can't walk. That less active man we have been working with the whole time we have been here. He didn't go to church for ten years. When we got here we found out this brother wasn't going to church and found out he owned a tug tug. So we started the first couple of weeks having him drive us around and us sharing spiritual thoughts. A few weeks later he came to church for the first time and hasn't missed a meeting since. We have been over to his house 3 times to visit his wife and he is the greatest. He showed us their baptism photos and he told us we were the first missionaries to visit them after 10 years..... I'm so amazed by the spirit that told us to ask him to drive us around. He blessed the sacrament on Sunday..... He is an AMAZING member.... I say this story because I realllly need to be a better member when I get home. It has really opened our eyes that we made this man get thailand that much closer to a temple.... The bigger picture is their salvation is SAVED!!! Oh my gosh. I don't know why I love this brother and his family so much. I have never loved bringing people to Christ. And so I'm not even quite sure what drove me to serve a mission. But I knew at that big announcement the Spirit witnessed to me that I was supposed to serve a "mission" whatever that meant. It's crazy how much my life has changed in five? months? I don't know. Something like that. I think it's almost five months..... I'm just touched at the miracles I'm seeing and the feelings of joy of bringing others to church.

    So lots of cool stuff happened this week...... One. Animal lovers need to not judge me when I say this with joy but we saw a dog get CREAMED by a train...... actually I can't take credit for that. We were stopped by some train tracks and sister Carter witnessed it and yelled as soon as she saw it... Needless to say we are going back to that train station in black and sing "God be with you till we meet again." in thai. Man I really hate dogs.... Yet another dog chased me with week but the good hand of god made trains. So I feel more comfortable in this Thailand world. 

    Also this week we were eating som Thom from our som Thom lady who makes the best. And a little 3 year old boy just is naked taking a shower right next to us. Hahha. It made me so happy.. I obviously have a picture. Hahaha. classic.... 

    I ate some bon bons for marie. Obviously Missionary work is the easiest thing in the world. Just like being a mother of twin boys who get dum dumbs when they are good at swim practice (yes marie, I got the letter and was so joyful to know your boys are disiplined because in thailand, that doesn't happen) 

    I got my first beef steak at sizzler because my body is totally broken and I don't get enough protein so now I'm on a special diet where I am crazy disciplined in taking vitamins and eating protein twice a day.....but I was totally happy.

    Then I was able to have the experience of a baby kitty come up and love my leg under the dinner table at a resteraunt. It was so cute.... I couldn't say no. I just have a rash now it's okay. Just kidding. No Rash..... 

    Went to Nong Khai last week again and was able to see Laos. Pretty legit. I also went crazy and bought some sweet asian skirts like my green one for all my sisters and some pretty awesome sabbai pants..... So chill.... Still on the search for elephant thais.....  

    The pictures I added are what I talked about in my email just now..... I can't remember the order. But I'm sure you can figure them out. Also two of them are of the streets in Thailand..... Because mom wanted some of those..... Some are jungly and some are straight up buildings. It differs every street......... :)

    Thats all I have for this week. Also it's my last week of being a teenager. I'm pretty sure I don't know what immature thing I'm going to do today.... But lets just say...... It's something.... 

    Oh I forgot.... This week is zone conference on Thursday!!!. And we are having it with 2 out of the 3 zones in Thailand! It's in Udon out of all places.... so we are having 14 girls stay at our house on Wednesday! I'm excited. That means Sister Stack and Sister Stevenson and Sister Painter gets to come back and Sister Greenwood! I'm so excited. And Elder Proctor! 

Thank you for you prayers, I promise on my side they are getting answered
รัก,
ซิสเตอร์ เฟลพ์ส








No comments:

Post a Comment