Monday, September 2, 2013

Heyyyyyyyy

    Familia! Lyla's blessing gulhhhhhh, I missed Cailyn's baptism and Lyla's blessing. I'm the worst... But I'm so happy for those ordinances and the priesthood to fulfill them. Oh so great!!! There isn't much priesthood in Thailand so I'm especially grateful to have an amazing father and brother with the priesthood in my home growing up.... You would never see that here. Such a sad thought..

    This week! Oh. What a week. I was going to start off by talking about my companion. Her genius idea was to get a table for contacting... But we ride bikes everywhere so transporting a table is pretty sketchy weaving through traffic, but she is a beast and so we went with it... so we took our time..... and bam. Destruction, the table hit her pedal and she tumbled gracefully off her bike. She damaged only the ligaments in her hand... We checked... I went with her to get x-rays and things. It was legit being in a nicer hospital and still in a country where there wasn't very many rules in the hospitals so I got to go in the back and watch her get sweet xrays.... Then after her accident we went and got LOTS of soymilk and had a soymilk party for her hand... it was all fun and I washed her hair for her and did her hair everyday this week and I just made fun of her so hard. haha. I was like ha. ha. You fell off your bike..... But thenn, I was like okay I can't wait till I get to tell my family this adventure..... Oh wait.... It gets better.... suddenly on a friday afternoon Sister Carter had a training meeting in Khon Khan and I was companions with the other sister in the house Sister Narayanan. Out of no where it starts pouring on our way to eat some food.... Then my sketchy little bike slips hard... And I knew I was going down. Next thing I remember was waking up in a hospital....just kidding. I just fell and on the ground in seconds I just remember thinking, I'm pretty sure a motorcycle just ran over me hahaha. And then I look back and Sister Narayanan is face planted in the street with her bike on top of me and she is pretty much on top of me too. Hahaha. I start laughing sooo hard... It was the funniest site but I was like, Oh crap. A human just ran over me. I'm screwed.... But I just got up... and we had some scrapes and huge bruises but... really, we were completely okay.... It was a bad fall too. haha. I am positive an angel caught us no doubt.... I'm still a little sore but my bike had most the damage. I went and got it fixed and it costed 20 baht to fix it.... Soooo cheap. less than a dollar.. haha... Anyways. I have some awesome pictures in my white shirt and tire marks on my back. But I forgot my camera.... I'm terribly sorry. Next week...

    This week was definitely solid... Taught many lessons and contacting is so much better when I can sit and have a conversation with them. This last friday was so amazing. Sister Narayanan and I wanted to give out a Book of Mormon at a park and there was this husband and wife sitting with their disabled kid and we came up to them. Sister Narayanan and I are the same mission age. She knows more vocab than I do and I can understand people and speak better than she can so we worked so well together.... Oh my gosh. 40 minute gospel conversation and we all understood each other and I get compliments on my thai every once in a while but he was like you speak so clear and your thai is so good. I was so happy. We shared with them about resurrection and we prayed with them in the middle of the park. One of the best experiences I've ever had..... I felt sooo good in my Thai and there was one word I really didn't understand and I asked him to explain the word in Thai and it was awesome. I don't know how i qualified so strongly for the gift of tongues in that instance but this family is amazing. They are such good people and you never find that anywhere. I loved it so much. I Love my mission!!! it's seriously given me new perspectives on life, how to have a relationship with a companion, how to learn to be an effective teacher and most importantly help me grow my own testimony. It's so amazing. Miracles are everywhere and I feel like I've recognized God's hand in my life more than I ever have.... So fun...

    I'm starting to become weirdly asian, I love sticky rice.... This morning I got grilled pork and sticky rice. It was soooo delicious. And they put a piece of fat at the end of the skewer.... this is my town... haha. It was amazing. And I'm starting to eat any kind of grains with sweetened condensed milk on it. Oh my gosh. Such candy. I love it so much!!! Today Sister Carter and I got up early to bike around a park as fast as we could. So awesome! I love monday morning bike rides with her... Mmmmmmmm. I don't know what is for lunch today but i'm hungry:) We are going to Bangkok tonight so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for elephant Thais.... I'm so freaking excited. I love going to Bangkok and I love being with my mission president. He is my favorite... He always picks on me. I love it. We have an amazing relationship. My mission is perfect. I miss my family and savannah. Keep being awesome and get some extra sleep for me:) I miss those days!

Keep being awesome and keep praying

Sister Phelps

Bike Ride

pork and sticky rice <3 Also, I had McDonalds deliver to me.... Best decision ever..... mmmmmmmmmm i love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment