Monday, October 28, 2013

Heeeyy

    Halloween. You have got to be kidding me. I have the most adorable nieces and nephews. Stink. I can't believe it's halloween!!! Thailand I don't think celebrates it very traditionally. I know our branch is having a branch halloween party on Thursday but they don't do the whole "trick or treating" thing out here. JEALOUS... But hey..... I don't know if anyone knows... But a year from halloween either mom and dad are chilling with me in Thailand or I'll be home for halloween. CAN YOU BELIEVE I HAVE ONLY A YEAR LEFT? I just really feel weird because I'm still a baby. Well not really, I have a kid now. I was just getting off the bottle and about to start solid foods when the ripped away my pacifier and made me a mother.


     OUR INVESTIGATOR YIM GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!! I love her more than words. 16 years old and a total stud in the gospel. She was the one if you remember, we gave her a card when we were contacting and she talked with the girls at temple square after going on the website. MIRACLE.... My companion and I are totally seeing miracles. Besides I got sick again and went to the doctors this week. But oh well...... What else is new. Bacteria in thailand is literally the worst..... But worth it.

     Life as a trainer you may ask? Pretty good actually:) Talking on the phone is still the hardest part about being a missionary. I thought talking in english on the phone is hard.... but thai? Oh poop it's hard. And I'm the one making all the phone calls.... And teaching....and contacting. But It's way awesome to share the little knowledge I have with someone else... I really love my companion. I want her to succeed and I remember what worked and what didn't work with my trainer and I'm totally fresh off of training so I can be a total asset in her life. I know I'm not perfect:) No missionary is. But something I've come to realize is that I know enough. I don't know everything but I know enough to train. Joseph Smith didn't know everything restoring the only true gospel on this earth when he was 14, but he knew enough. So I can and am doing this. I'm loving it too! I really am. It's totally weird when In the middle of a lesson I turn to her and ask her to bear her testimony, because I remember just being there. Haha. 

    Teaching is the BEST. I've never felt happier than teaching these last few weeks... I got to teach two new people how to pray this week with both of the lessons ending in tears. It's so touching to be able to understand this language and connect with people on a spiritual level in a different language. When I was training I definitely didn't know how to be a normal person in a different language and I can tell that my companion feels the same. But I know that right after she is done training she will be awesome and totally normal.... The language comes pretty easily to her. She is smart and a hard worker. Still has the new missionary struggles and can't understand anyone yet. But she speaks like a boss. I'm super proud of her.  

   Anyways, I'm probably totally ranting. But yesterday I had the sweetest experience. This girl who is a member who is my age, breaking lots and lots of commandments I have been working with her since the beginning of my stay in udon. But we have never been able to meet with her. But after months of not seeing her she finally showed up at church yesterday and after our baptisms we met with her and talked to her....And I have actually never cried in a lesson to be honest because speaking thai and having emotions I have just never had together. But I have also never called anyone to repentance like this before and we all just sat and cried and I loved her so much and I have never felt God's love for one of his children more strongly than that moment and I'm going to help that girl get on a mission. Ahhhh. I can't really describe everything about it. Just a really good refreshing experience....

  I'm doing good. I'm falling in love with the members more that they rely on me more than sister Carter. They are truly amazing. I love my family. THis gospel is true. The scriptures are true. Is there anything more I need to say?:) Have fun on halloweeeeeeeen this week! 

Much Love








No comments:

Post a Comment