Tuesday, October 22, 2013

IT'S OFFICIAL I'M A MOM!

  So I know some heard the story all ready.... but last monday after I finished emails we get home and we get a phone call. Sister Carter answers it and runs up stairs. And I'm a little stressed about what was going to happen with transfers so I thought I was moving or something strange.... Next thing I know sister Carter says "Sister Phelps, president senior wants to talk to you in your room with the door shut." By this point I'm pretty freaking stressed haha. Thennnn.... THEN.... The words in Thai from president senior. "Sister Phelps Dierap ganriag ben puobrome may khap?" I almost started crying haha. I was like "President senior. You're not serious. Did God really tell you I need to be a trainer." I'm like "President, I can't even speak this language perfectly, what am I going to do." I'm like crying. I'm like there is 48 sisters in Thailand. Only 7sisters are called to be a trainer this transfer. Why the trash does it have to be me haha... And president Sernior just was like, don't worry your the best. Also you have to be in Bangkok tomorrow morning at 9 for a training meeting. Classic.. Sister Carter walks in and I'm totally having like a panic attack hahaha. She had to meditate and pray with me and reassured me.... It was nice... then... totally had to pack Sister Carter's mission life away within a matter of hours. Say goodbye to everyone (That was hard everyone cried saying bye to her, she is great) Then we were on our way. 
  
    The next morning was our training meeting. ALL IN THAI. Sister Stack was there, sister Tilley and another girl from my group so I was feeling a little less stressed by that point... But I loved it. It was a great meeting and I understood everything. I was like. Okay. I got this. I can be a trainer now and tell someone what to do. I was totes feeling excited. haha.... It was the most stressed I've ever been haha. Then life was getting better. We had our pday on wednesday in Bangkok. I loved it. Then came thursday. Transfers. I was soooo nervous. I was like I'm just a baby not even on solid foods yet! But thenn I got my new comp Sister Her. And I KNEW everything was going to be just fine. I CAN speak this language. I CAN love a complete stranger. I CAN be a support for someone that knows nothing about missionary work in the field. Tug yang dee.... I'M A MOM. Hahha
    
    In Thai the word for greenie is nong keyow. Which literally means green child. I always call myself a maa keyow. (A green mom). Everyone laughs. :)
  
    I'm glad you got to see sister Carter. I can't believe you stayed over night! You cute things..... :) I'm such a mother now! So boring. LIke every mother. (Yeah meagan we are cool). I didn't realize how much work goes into missionary work but being a trainer on top of that! It's beatiful. I really enjoy my time with Sister Her. She is a Hmong from sacramento... I totally have an asian companion. She is a babe though.... I love her. So sweet and she is almost 22. So that's awesome.One day I started telling her how to use the rice cooker and she looks at me. Like, are you serious right now. I'm asian. ahha. I think we willl get along just fine. She has adorable clothes and so I have to look nice when I'm around her, or I just feel so lame. Hahaha. It's awesome whoever comes up that's a thai, I start talking. And it throws them off and they start speaking crazy thai with her like she is a thai. She was like, I'M NOT THAI. Everytime. It's great. She came pre trained. She is a hard worker. Stinking tired all the time, I remember that but my favorite thing is she LOVES food and loves to eat. This is a beautiful realtionship. I think it will be just great.!!! We got her a bike and have done some little work here and there. We got someone a baptismal date already! We have a baptism this weekend! God is good. I love THAI. My thai is sooooo much better than it was last week. I'm just doing all the talking and understanding for two people! Sooooooo crazy!!!! I love it. I love my companion. I love being a missionary. I love the people. I love the Scriptures. I love Joseph Smith. I love being converted to the gospel! So many things in my life to be grateful for.......... Keep your prayers in my behalf. I'm learning how to speak aseon hahahaha. Who am I kidding. That will never happen! I lovey ou all. Keep up the good work!

Sister Phelps

I also forgot. I touched an elephant on the side of the road. It was awesome
I also forgot. I took Sister Carter (The young one) Dan jonesing and handed out a book of Mormon. 
I also forgot. Sister Stack isn't training. Sister Tilley and I were the only ones.... 
I also forgot. One picture is with sister Carters other girl she trained, who trained sister Tilley right after she was done training. And Now sister Tilley is training too..... And 2 of these pictures are our family photos. And We all wore asian clips. They are soooo asian 

I cannot explain the rest of the pictures because I can't see them :)











No comments:

Post a Comment