Monday, December 16, 2013

This Week in Thailand

"I ate some bugs, I ate some grass, I used my hands to wipe my tears." -If you can name me this movie. YOU WIN

    But really family. I forgot to tell you last week. I ate some mealworms and grasshoppers. Oh. It was really foul. I don't like eating bugs. They taste like flavored french fries. But they are bugs. I have some good pictures of it. ahha.... Me and sister Sahagun. Blah. Grosssss... It was also the kings birthday! It was sooooooo cool. Just everyone in the state of Thailand goes out with flags. huge deal to sing for the kings birthday......

    So my companion broke the Word of Wisdom this week. Hahaha it was funny. We went to seven right before nightly planning and we both wanted apple juice. So I got some and she got a different kind. But obviously in Thailand you need to do some reading before drinking mysterious apple drinks because the Thai's love their tea. Anyways. I'm set. I get the same apple juice. Sister Her gets her's. Haha classic "her" anyways..... We are planning she is like this apple juice is so good. Try it. So I sip it "ruining my salvation" and of course after I try it I look at the bottle sitting on her desk and in big Thai letters it reads "White Tea" hahaha. I'm like! YOURE BREAKING THE WORD OF WISDOM. We had a good laugh. The Lord had a sense of humor. Anyways. I've repented. And I took the sacrament. haha All is well.

    So my favorite thing about baptisms are the song choices. Thailand haha. Our last baptism we sang "Angels we have heard on high." and the closing sunday was "God be with you till we meet again." Hahaha. The person getting baptized obviously didn't see his funeral coming soon. They are just so random. "In our lovely deseret." That is the WORST song ever to sing period. It talks about making sure your children keep the word of wisdom (obviously parents you didn't sing that enough with me) but we sing that almost ever baptism. They are so random songs.... It's just so funny. Thai people kill me haha. 

    This week was really cool. REALLY COOL. My companion is way cool. Did I tell you she speaks HMONG? anyways. We got a call last thursday to teach FOUR FAMILIES over skype in Hmong. It was honestly the coolest experience. The spirit was so strong when my companion was speaking to them. It was sounding so asian. I was asking her if when she spoke hmong did it sound asian. And she said no because Thai just seems way normal and not asian to me. I wonder how it works.... I was like. I wonder if my family will think it's a weird language. haha. I don't know. It's a way cool language though. You'll see next week. I decided I have to sit next to a khon thai and try to invite them to be baptized so you can see. Haha. just kidding. that would be sweet though.....

    To you remember Takies? Though hot cheetos type chips. I dreamt about those so much this week. Oh so delicious...... My companion and I may or may not have bought some for 120 baht this week. Whoops. Merry christmas to us haha. We decided that we will never grow out of fake foods. I ate a can of speggetios yesterday. We just had a huge trunky conversation about fake foods we missed. Haha 

    This last week my companion and I have really actually become close friends. We were always companions and not really close but this last week we just laugh so hard together. I think she finally understands that my jokes are actually funny. Haha. Anyways. This week was good. FOund a couple new people to teach and then they dropped. But we are teaching this Hmong family over skype that lives in Bangkok. It's way sweet. Special experience.....

    Today it started POURING RAIN out of no where just a monsoon came at like 3 oclock in the morning. I was so scared with the thunder and lightning haha. Classic me. But I woke up sister Her and she was like. Cool sister. and went back to bed haha. I thought she would be excited for her first crazy thunder storm in the middle of the night. It was legit. And scary. But this morning she was like. SISTER I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOKE ME UP TO TELL ME IT WAS RAINING. hahaha. It was so funny. I was laughing....

     All is well in Udon. It's transfers this week. I'm definitely ready to see somehting else. If I don't transfer I will be in my area for 8 months. Pretty long. But we will see. I do love it here. I won't be mad if I stay. I just love the members and the children here. BUT WE WILL SEE. I hope everyone has a happy christmas!!!!!!! I will talk to you next wednesday! We don't have pday next monday! JUST A REMINDER!

    Make a list of questions to ask because I know I haven't nearly answered all of Mom's questions. It just takes to much work over email aha. I want a conference call! Make it happen. Remember be at your computers always..... I'm thinking christmas eve anywhere from 6-8 your time. Get your children on a sleeping cycle. I command it. I have to see them. Or I will be forever sad. Your choice :) 

LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH I CAN"T WAIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA! Till next week when you can see my fat face <3

Sister Emilee Nicole Phelps 

me and my companion eating hot pot.

the beautiful sky and cool buildings right by the church.

Me eating bugs


King's Birthday!







No comments:

Post a Comment