Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's Okay. I'm alive.

    MOBS IN THAILAND. They are fun. No worries. They are harmless. Just are really loud and cause traffic. But it looks like they are celebrating for something. Obviously being a missionary I'm out of the loop on basically everything...... This morning we walked to the internet cafe and we knew that the 13th it was going to be weird with the mob. But we start walking and bam. Huge groups of motorcycles just start block off this intersection and start cheering. Lots of flags. Lots of Asians. And a lot of rice. Haha just kidding about the rice.... But me and Sister Ellis had no idea what was happening so we jump behind this giant cylinder haha. Just for like 1 minute until we decide that we wanted a picture and it seemed harmless.....  And it was really harmless. Just a bunch of happy asians...... But we are in Pak kret. I wonder what is happening down town. Anyways.....

    Merry january. I have some really good news. I taught someone named "Poo"..... He obviously didn't want baptism but it's fine. Having poo in the baptismal font is just not a good idea to begin with:) Just kidding. Gosh. I'm immature. But i think Tyler understands me...... This is why we love the Simpsons. Speaking of which I love my simpsons pillow case. Still gives me a piece of my life....

    Well This week. Ugh. Full of Miracles and Full of disappointments. Definitely ended on the latter part. But our mission every companionship needs 2.6 baptisms this month like no exceptions. And we had 6 daters at the begining of last week for this month. We were like. Ok. Thats fine.... Then we taught the family:) I've never felt more successful as a missionary and I knew god was behind it all. They were ready to walk into the water. They are so excited. Then we found someone else whose name is mongkhon. He was actually a referral from Sister Hughes my MTC companion in CHang Mai. But he was AWESOME. jUst ready to walk into the font too. But then we had 2 daters we ended up dropping because they weren't keeping commitments then we found out the family and this mongkhon guy are in the other branch so we had to give them to the other missionaries and then another dater pitted. So yesterday we were left with one dater. We were so upset. On top of that I had a fever saturday and yesterday. We went to church and on the way there. There was this dumb perv that was on a motorcycle and grabbed my companions butt and she was ticked. I was ticked to until he wouldn't leave us alone and grabbed my butt and I'm on my bike and shove this idiot and he just drives off. I'm like you've got to be kidding me. We were pissed. Ticked beyond belief. I almost chased this dude down. But I had a fever so whatever. Then as we are crossing the street to get to church this idiot decided to speed up in the last lane of 8 lanes. Almost nails me. my comp stopped behind me thankfully and the dude swerves and causes an accident. Like this guy was so dumb. But we were pretty shaken up about it. Then we get to church and the dumb elders tell us they have a golden referral for us and then totally forget her before they got to church. I'm like. Elders. Please just have a brain! But yeah. It ended on a bad note. I went to sleep last night at 5 pm and woke up this morning at 8. Definitely feeling better. But we are stressed this week! We are praying for a miracle....... Pray that we will get a miracle.

I got back into my kick of chocolate milk shakes.... They are just too good. No more coagulated blood for me..... 

I also miss my car. Send a picture of her please...

This is Sister Phelps. Signing off.




No comments:

Post a Comment