Monday, January 6, 2014

What's good

    Happy New year! It's good to see wesley is a banana and Owen and Jacob are just adorable as ever!  I come home this year. I feel totally sick thinking about it actually. 9 and a half months..... 2 weeks I will be half way done with my mission.... THAT'S insane. Seriously...... I swear I was just in the MTC so innocent and knew nothing about missionary work. And now I'm in North Bangkok training... i've just changed so much in 9 months. We received this awesome talk about the 10 gifts you get to take home from your mission by president Hinkley and I just like sat and cried( what else is new? I just cry all the time haha) But I was just really really grateful for what a mission has done for me and how much of a better daughter, mother, sister I will be. Feels like a good accomplishment.

    Like most of you. I have a new years resolution to get skinny. I have a plan to be sexy by the time I get home. It's a good thing sister ellis and I run every morning on treadmills.... Yeah. I'll be sexy. Can't come home fat. Can't happen. But also I am going to read the Book of Mormon in Thai. That will be hard. Although I am in 2nd Nephi. I just don't understand everything everything ahaha. 

    OH this is hilarious. There is a joke flying around. They save if you serve in the States you go back home a scriptorian. If you serve Spanish or French speaking you come back a linguist. And if you go to an Asian speaking mission, you just come back. Hahah. I sometimes think. Will I ever understand everything? Spanish missionaries have it so easy.... What's establish? Establicion.... Yeah. owned. Asian language is hard.... Love it. But I don't think I'll ever be perfect at it.. haha. Oh well. I'm pretty good now..... I'll be patient.....
So I love my comp. She is adorable. And I found out why we love each other..... Because.... BAM her dad is an appliance dealer owner store man. Hahah We bonded pretty hard over that.... Except he owns a small sears store...... but yeah. Pretty sweet.... She was also valedictorian. So she is freaking smart. It's weird haha......
My gag reflex ever since the coagulated blood has been a little flimsy. I'm like. you have got to be kidding me. I was getting pretty good for a while. I was eating mushrooms. Sketchy sushi. All which were delicious. But my reflex yesterday eating a squishy mushroom was a little rough. haha.... Oh well. I'll get good again....

    Yesterday! Miracles. FAMILY WE HAVE A FAMILY TO TEACH. It's honestly a miracle. Sister Ellis and I fasted for this and guess what happens at church. A family shows up wanting to change there lives to meet God. It's there new years resolution. Guess what else. I contacted the wife at this soup restaurant. And guess what else. I do not remember it one bit. I usually get several phone numbers in my planner and I will write a small bio about the people I receive and this time. No bio. Nothing just a number. So I was so confused and just couldn't remember this number. The following week this lady calls me and I have her name connected with the phone number. But OH my gosh. I don't remember talking to this lady. I swear the Lord just put her name in my planner because he prepared their family to hear our message. Anyways. We are really really really excited. It was a huge miracle..... HUGE miracle.... Goes to show that talking to everyone is a huge deal. I can't believe I barely talked to one person at home. Now I'm talking to about a hundred in a couple days. haha.... gosh.

    Also I ran into another man at the park invited him to church. And he wants it so bad. It was way cool. So solid in the gospel. We handed him over to the elders because they didn't have a lot of people to teach..... We miss that guy haha. He is sooo cool. But when I contacted him I just really didn't feel like a necessity to talk to him. It was just a normal contact but it just really is amazing who the Lord puts in you path. 

    I'm stinking tired. Our English program in Bankok is out of control. SO many students. At least like 200. We have 12 teachers (some are thai students) But It's crazy. Our class rooms are filled. It's sooo much fun. We love it. Sister Ellis and I teach Intermediate students. They are pretty good at english. Know vocab well just aren't fluid speakers..... Last week in class we showed a picture of a skyscraper and someone (confidently) Said LOOK IT'S A SKY CRAPPER. Hahaha. the Missionaries were dying..... Oh we lost our selves... We are so innocent and awkward anything works haha....

    I had a really good personal study again. In Phillipians 4:11-13. Talks about being content will your life and how we are always needing to be hungry and full(spiritually) all the time and finding strength through Christ. I must admit, it's been a heck of a journey with how hard it is. But I'm living these scriptures. I'm totally content. I don't need things in life. It's just a thing. Maybe an iphone 7s but nothing else :) haha. But really

    This week was way good though... I can't believe it's 2014. I can't fathom it. I swear this last year was the fastest year of my life. I had a dream i was back at the singles ward and someone asked me about my mission and I told them it was the fastest year of my life and I was balling in my dream so upset my mission was over. But then I woke up and was so freaked out ha. I was like. That's exactly how it's going to be. This mission is a time warp. I'm loving it! I don't want to leave Bangkok. It's where i need to be haha. President senior just pops out of no where all the time. It's just excellent.... I love it. I'm loving life..... Old things are done away with in 2013. Time for a fresh start! Next new years I will be miserable about to start school. I'll always want to be back in Thailand haha. LOVE YOU ALL..... 

Sister Phelps

one of my less actives lives on a sweet island. Definitely the coolest..... 

We got new name tags. I will admit. I'm a huge fan.

And a small pic of our apartment...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment