Monday, July 28, 2014

Goals

WOO hooo. We made our goal for july:) 4 baptisms! We had our last two yesterday. It was a sweet experience. Our legendary motorcyle man baptized his own daughter yesterday. What a sweet experience. My goal from the begging was to baptize a family and with help from sister holmes and the Lord we did. He is way excited to go to the temple to baptize his wife and be sealed to her. His daughter that lives in Chiang Mai went to church yesterday. She is getting ready to be baptized next Sunday.  What a special special day. Ahhhhh just sooo much love.

We had our 17 year old investigator that has been going for 4 weeks got baptized too. She was so cute as well. The person who baptized her was just baptized himself a couple months prior. So 2 newly ordained priesthood holders were able to baptize and we got to watch! Woo hoo!

We are planning for two baptisms on saturday. and one on sunday.... Cross you fingers. Do a little dance and pray. I'll just eat ice cream and pray because i'm fat. But Yes... just more miracles... Yay for miracles!
On saturday we had switch off's with the sister training leaders and of course when they come and visit every appointment falls through. Classic. But Sister Tilley perfectly just moved to chiang mai to be an STL a week prior and she of course chose to be with me because she missed me. We were pretty sure that was against the white handbook but holy cow did we have fun together. FREE preztel day at auntie annes too. And it was the ALMOND kind. And it was fresh. It wasn't the crappy salted ones. No.. best preztel of my life..... I love free things.... Like free salvation. You think it would sound pretty good right???? But in the end we got a little stressed out because we were talking about going home and it sounded too stressful to have to make your own decisions and worry about yourself.... But I loved working with sister tilley. Just brought happiness to my day. She has the biggest most hilarious personality ever... She always talks about you mom and dad and how you gave her a pillow in the air port.... Such a champ....

I actually wrote some things in my planner to say today because I just forget what happens most weeks. This week was the first AND LAST time we taught a lesson in a park... because you know.. in thailand they do free arobic classes in the park... Most distracting thing of my life if I do say so myself...They were playing that aqua song. "Dr. jones jones calling dr jones dr jones dr. jones get up now (wake up now)" Yeah that one. As we are teaching the 10 commandments I start having a bounce in my foot and rythm in my body. Anyways.... Distracting... won't happen again. Oops. ka. 

Also.. my most favorite thing is first prayers... Especially most thai people that are buddist have never prayed before.... This is what happened with one of our people getting baptized on sunday. "Hello heavenly Father, This is Goosone, your son, i've tried to be a good son, but i mess up and i'm sorry." It's literally the most enjoyable experience of any missionaries life.... It brought me back to udon when my first convert prayed for the first time and it was just an awesome experience! I love it.
I'm pretty sure I was funnier and cooler 15 months ago. Now I have dreams that I'm singing to dora the explorer's "map" song. "I am fat, I am fat, I am fat, I am fat " You get the picture. but it's fine. I love food.... And I'm always happy when I'm eating.

Yesterday the branch did a SICK Iron rod activity (my idea hah) And we have 4 stories in our church so we had a fog smoke machine going up the stairs. Talk about insane. The smog was so thick you couldn't see in front of you. I was supposed to be an angel helping people the whole way... but then in the end. I ate the cake. It was too delicious..

Alright. That's all i remember. I love you all! Chiang Rai is boss. I'll spend my whole mission here. I love sister Holmes. Pretty much my best friend. That is all i could ask for.

-Sister Phelps

pics of the apartment...... pretty high-so... we love it..





Pictures of the miracle baptisms... and the elders had one too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment