Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First Letter- KRAP KHUA!!


(I edited some of the grammar and spelling of Emilee's letter, but I wanted to leave her essence there, so it's still a little crazy and hard to follow at times. Oh how we love our Emilee! :)


That subject means family in Thai, with tones of course! MY FAMILY! I love you!!!!!!!!! Okay, so first. I don't have a lot of time to email anyone back so I will write you letters!

I've never felt fatter than when I wake up with crumbs in my bed. Seriously, I feel obese . Sad. I'm a missionary!!!! Pu san satsaanaan! Thank you for the care package parents! I'm so happy! Chips and salsa- definitely a winner. I have the best family. AND THE BEST DAD! Dad you wrote me 3 letters and I'm so grateful for all of them!!! Seriously, family! Write me MORE LETTERS. I want them. There is no better feeling than the district leader handing out letters at the end of the night!

MTC!!! I am in the MTC! how long has it been? A year? Seriously feels like it!! But I'm loving it here. I've never felt more sure of anything in my life than being a missionary right now. I've grown so much in the last week I can't believe it. Everyone telling you you're the best at the MTC is seriously the best feeling ever.

Anyways. Lots of people. Lots of GAS. Oh my gosh! The food will be the death of me here. I don't hate the food and appreciate everyone who makes the food, but jeez it hurts more than anything. So. Much. Gas.

So I said I'm in a trio companionship and I love it and hate it. I love sister Hughes (my first companion), she is so sweet and awesome. I love sister Slaugh, but it's definitely a work in progress with her. It's hard- she is just a little young for her age, but I'm working on serving and loving her. But I'm no Nephi. haha.

Okay, I wrote things down that I've wanted to say all week. It will definitely be choppy since I want to send pictures. So sorry I'm typing my brains out right now and my grammar, spelling, and sentences are probably horribkle. see. I don't even have time to fix those spelling errors. Oh well. To answer the questions... actually I'll start from where I want to start. There are 18 new of us Thai missionaries that came in on May 1st. Pretty large. They are separated into two districts of 9. Mom, Elder Proctor and Sister Tilley from the videos are in the other district, but we sit and eat lunch with them all the time. They are freaking hilarious. All of the 10 girls from both districts stick together. Anyways, we (the new group) are called the Nung Thais (meaning young thais), the P Thais are the older Thais. There are 5 of them and 18 of us haha... But our P Thais had 48 P Thais before that. And, guess how many Nung Thais we will be getting in 5 weeks.... freaking 50!!!!!!!!! It's so insane. They come in the middle of June. But our P Thais are so amazing. They know so much Thai and they love us more than anything. Same with the Cambodians. The Thais and Cambodians and Vietnamese and the Mongs stick together. It's pretty fun. Our zone consists of so many languages so we don't ever have to prepare talks in Thai for sacrament. Only english.Thank Goodness.....(I just sang wicked to those words).

Anyways... My teacher is Brother Shipley. I love him more than Pie. He is short and cute I just want to hug him. So funny. Our other teacher's name is Sam. Not sure on his last name yet, he is currently our pseudo investigator that we are teaching. Fun fact. We teach him in Thai. The first lesson we taught was on Friday and we could pretty much only pray in Thai and say God loves him, and we forgot how to close a lesson and so it was so awkward. We just got up and walked out. We told him hello on the way out. It was just a mess hahaha. Okay..... 20 minutes left.....

OKAY, SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. THANK YOU FOR SENDING ME A DEAR ELDER WHERE JESSE WAS CALLED ON HIS MISSION I'VE BEEN SERIOUSLY WAITING ALL WEEK FOR IT.

Like I said, I love my district. There are 2 companionships in our district. The other girls in our district I'm in love with. Sister Stack and Sister Du Plessis. Me and sister Stack I'm pretty sure are twins. We both have the top bunk and just talk all night. She is 21, but seriously my favorite person probably ever. Okay so I decided there are only AND ONLY three ages here..... Those that just came in are 19, I swear, even if they are 21... those that have been here six weeks (like our P thais) are like 21 they are so much older and smarter than us... and our teachers, even though they are like 21, are probably 50. They are geniuses. Sorry if that didn't make sense. It made sense to me. Ok So, Grandma, Erika, and Savannah I sent letters for you guys. Thanks for your letters. Loved them. And Marie and parents I hope you got my letters already. For everyone else- write me punks. I'm a little constipated. Okay that's all I'll say on that.....

OH Ali! I love Ali, I saw her all the time. She left Monday. Sad, sad day. We hung out like every night, had basically the same schedule, and she lived just the floor above me so that was great. And we matched one day. Classic. I saw Brian Mattson, but only once. I'm mad. I need someone to demand him to come find me. I saw Alexia Reddish, Nathan Hoyt, a girl from my humanities, my friend Garrett from BYU-Idaho, and Kristy's roommate and friend. Just fabulous.

Missionaries are slightly irreverent. Temple walks are my favorite, but it's like a circus. Okay I'm running out of time, so I'm just going to throw down some words. I got my shots. They hurt, but all is good. Sunday was fast sunday (actually it was a nice break from MTC food) haha but we had a missionary conference and they just called random missionaries to bear their testimonies in front of the entire thousands of people. I almost pooped my skirt. It was slightly crazy. I'm so glad I wasn't called. Devotional on sunday was amazing. We heard from chad Lewis, an ex-BYU football player. It was so inspirational. I don't have time to look at my notes, but I promise I took them. This one girl in our zone, sister Melton is like hilarious. I can't stop laughing. She is a cheerleader. Typical blonde. With a man voice but she is hilarious. She saw Thai and had some bagels in front of her and was like "Bagels in my Eyes" because the Thai is just crazy.

I'm running out of time. I've grown so much as a person here! Seriously, rely on the Lord. Seriously helps with with the language. It's wonderfully frustrating as we put it. I just have to remind myself I have only spoke it for seven days and we are all fairly good at it. So every day we go to class for like 6 hours, study for like 3 hours, and eat- that's all we do here, expect I love it.

I love you family. I will end with my testimony in Romanized Thai. Oh we started learning script yesterday. It's scary haha. Sitder rue prapida bon sawaan rag raw.... okay I lied. that all I have time for haha. I can't think right now. My brain hurts. I'm attaching pictures as we speak. Oh and videos don't work. Sorry mom. Pracumpii Mormon mii chidwidd yuu!!!! Okay. That's all. love you all and pray for you constantly. Krap Khua. Sawaddii Ka Familia!!!


Sister Emilee Nicole Phelps








No comments:

Post a Comment