Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"I haven't spoken this much Thai in my life"-yours truly


**Emilee has asked that everyone make sure to date their letters to her, even if you send them through Dear Elder!**

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY!!! :) Alright, I'm so much less stressed today! I was able to figure out how to print my emails this morning without taking any of my 1 hour to read them! So I'm good. You can totally email me if you want, however I still prefer Dear Elders because I just love getting mail at night! 

    So the good stuff:) This week was CRAZYYY! So like now, I just am speaking like freaking crazy Thai, It's weird, however the more I learn, the more I have to remember. If I had to liken this unto anything, it would be like trying to drink from a fire hydrant, it just hurts your face if you try. So Parent's your letters came today:) Except I already wrote dad so I will have to save that for next week! I just found out yesterday they really encourage us to only write letters on Pday even if we have exta time or whatever. It's a bummer!

    Alright!!!!! Guess what? So you know, we have devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday. They are always good. But this week was EXCEPTIONALLY good. Why you may ask? Okay, I will start off with Sunday. Actually I can't remember what devotional we had that night. But relief society we have with all of the sisters in the conference room. Guess who spoke? None other than Janice Kapp Perry. She wrote all those children hymns, I'm trying to be like Jesus, I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ, I love to see the temple, A child's prayer, and As sisters in Zion. So pretty much the best experience of my life. She had the most amazing words on uplifting music. And freaking guess what else. She created a new song. "The Sisters In Zion" and it's all about sister missionaries. It's to the tune of "As Sisters in Zion". Oh what else? WE WERE THE FIRSTY ONES TO EVER SING IT!!!! Can you imagine the tears? Everyone was crying. I only remember the first words, "The sisters in zion are called to God's labor" Well that is about all I remember. The last words were like, "the heavens are open to spread his words and his truth." Something like that, but can you imagine? The best feeling in the world is looking up in the conference center with nothing but missionaries singing inspired hymns, ahh makes me tear up thinking about it. OKAY NOW FOR TUESDAY.... Drum roll pleaseeeeee!!!! ELDER RUSSEL M. NELSON!!! Whaaaaaaatttttttttttttt???? Seriously. I'm not joking, we had an apostle of the Lord come speak to us. We like heard rumors but then, it was just real. We got there like an hour early so we could get seats. Totally close enough to see his wicked wrinkles. Ahhhh, I love every word he said. Just mostly talked about missionaries and converts and said, "We aren't baptizing people to come into the church, but to QUALIFY them for exaltation" and at the MTC I sometimes feel like it's embeded in our brains to baptize. We are like required the first time we meet with an investigator to baptize them and that made me stop and think about the people of Thailand and how happy I am to be able to serve them. Our teacher Brother Shipley was showing our class pictures of those he baptized in Thailand, I was so moved, He is a great guy and has the best spirit I've ever met. I love him. Well only slightly. He is good looking. hahaha. But yeah Sister Nelson also spoke on ancestors. How I need to pray more to be lead to those I need to teach because there are ancestors of those I need to teach on the other side of the veil praying for me to come find them. I just thought. Hmmmm how interesting! :))) I love the MTC!!! I never want to leave, well yet....

    So want to hear something funny? hahaha okay. So I have been having some knarly Thai dreams lately, and I woke myself up by talking in my sleep YELLING "I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" hahahaha. Literally yelled it, I like woke up, and my companion sister Slaugh was like, "What don't you understand" I was like sorry I was sleep talking. The next morning we wake up, we're like, Oh My Gosh did that happen last night? hahaha And to my surprise my companions were literally dreaming my same dream. Serious Unity. No big deal, we are all that legit. Oh to answer your question mother, no not everyone has a trio. We are the only trio in our district and the older district has a trio and the other district that came in with us has a trio of boys. So it's fairly common, some people just get lucky.... I won't say who are the lucky ones :))) haha. Just kidding, I'm loving my companions, the difference of opinions is quite awful. But we are working on it.

   So I play sand volleyball at gym. I'm freaking good, or all the scrawns are just really bad, i'm not totally sure. But no, gym saves my sanity. Seriously I love gym. I look forward to it and playing volleyball with my whole district makes me happy. We have the best times at gym. Even if it is working out. Bleh.

    So I'll tell you a little about my district. We have 4 boys and 5 girls. There are me and my companions. Sister Hughes- From Napa valley California. She attends BYU and she has a boyfriend that's an RM that's waiting for her. So adorbs. She loves vintage things, and she is just hilarious. We get along so well. Sister Slaugh- She is from New Jersey and she likes to make her own jewlery and loves hanging out with her friends and goes to BYU. Fun fact she has a cousin here right now. So sweet. Next in my district was Sister Du Plessis (two plus three) and she loves to draw. She is an animation major up at BYU and she is seriously the typical Hippie. It's really funny. Sister Stack- literally my serious twin, we share clothes all the time, she thinks my thoughts, i just look at her and I know what she is thinking, I'm not even kidding you think I'm kidding but I'm seriously not I love her she is provbably my favorite. Oops I don't know If I can have favorites but seriously. She goes to BYU and had a twin sister that died so thats really sad. She is the baby of the family, and she loves all the same music I do. Ahhh I just love Sister Stack... Okay, next is Elder Hill. Such a freaking weirdo! hahaha I love him though. Like during gym he took a karate class and like does all these flips and things even though he can't nessesarily land any of them. He carries around this velociraptor stuffed animal and he found a fork in his pocket. We are both the tallest of the class and sit right next to each other. It's sometimes a mess. haha We always bump elbows. It's the worst. Oh and he got dear johned... it's been 2 weeks. She is engaged. Awkward hahaha. Elder Windsor is his comp- He went to dixie state to play soccer and he is really good. He has the cutest smile and just warms anyones heart. He looks SOO much like Tyler it's not even funny. I'm serious!!! It's scary. Except he is like 5' 4"...poor child. hahaha. Anyways then there is Elder Passey, arguably the funniest kid I've ever met... He is like 5' 2", freshman at BYU and he is the youngest, just turned 18 and we all treat him like it too. Haha I love it though. He is so funny. Silent but hilarious. I don't even know how to describe him. He has a girlfriend that's a junior in high school, so precious. He let me read one of the letters, I was like elder Passey I don't wantt to read this anymore hahaha. He enjoys it. Funny kid. Elder Astle is the last, I have a hard time saying his last name because literally i'm cussing. I'm not even joking especially in Thailand you don't pronounce the T in his name so you are literally saying a hole. Anyways he is the sweetest. He is our district leader and the other day he went and got mail and I was the only one who didn't get mail.... Uhh... yeah family.... anyways he made me a paper swan and he worked in the temple so I have that in common with him. Yeah our disctrict is literally the best. We talk about our terrible gas to each other and we always talk to each other. The other day during district prayer we couldn't make it through a prayer. We were crying we were all laughing so hard. They are litterally my family already. I can't imagine not knowing them after 7 weeks. I think the Lord has blessed me because leaving my family was definitely the hardest thing about coming on a mission but now that I have another family it's really a blessing. I don't ever feel alone and my district is literally the greatest....

   So Thai is coming and going. I swear haha. We started reading Thai which is crazy, we are the fastest Thai learning district in the history of Thais. The Gift of tounges is real. I freak myself out that I can speak so much Thai!!! haha. Ok, so we read Thai Hymns. It's insane, I want to punch myself in the face. So I have a lot of thai script that I have written down and I will send it home so you guys can see it:) Anyways, I'm like out of Time... We have a new investigator named P Thom and he asks some tough questions (He is Brother Shipley) It's a little nerve racking, We had a lesson planned out and when we got into the lesson we scrapped our script and used the spirit. It was interesting, slight train wreck, but for only knowing thai for 2 weeks it was great.... Anywayssssssss..... Mormon Messages have gotten me through the weeks. They are literally the best things ever. I miss momma on sunday. I do have to say. We watched a mother's day message and I did miss you. And I miss dad's hugs. We also watched a father one too. Moving. Oh and Jessica totally knows my other teacher Brother Phan! hahaha. Samm. So weird I asked him in Thai I was like... oh Hey, you know Jessica? He was like yeah!!! She married your brother. How I understood that in Thai? I don't know. haha anyways. I'm sending my other letters out today! I love you all.
Oh mother. Can You possibly go to walmart and get me a moo moo? Also another pair of crocs. Sister Tilley has them. They are called Springi's. size 8 please:) don't take off the tags. and if you loved me a lot to send me a clippers shirt. I would be forever greatful. I have to shows these scrawn jazz fans that Clippers are the rulers of the NBA... Annnnd my BYU jacket. It's chilly here in the morning. That's all:) haha don't feel obligated to send everything! Love you much  BYYEEEE







No comments:

Post a Comment