Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hey Y'all

**Mom says- "I chatted with Emilee for a bit today (through emails :D) and she said she doesn't know what to write about all the time. So if you want to know anything .....ASK!  She said she would try to respond.  Love you all"**

   What uppppp! Hey khrab Khrua! Good news! I've gained almost 10 pounds! So much for thinking I was fine haha. Oh well. Now I know how Erika feels being pregnant with baby LYLA! :) I love that name, I'm dying. Anyways. Life in the MTC Is great. This last week was definitely the favorite so far. Just didn't go as crazy as normal. But even when I do go crazy, I still love it!!! I'm really enjoying studying like 8 hours a day. Pretty dope!!! P days are seriously the most glorious days next to Sunday. We had like 5 hours of just straight nothing to do today. I've been trying to practice Thai but It doesn't work too well when you love your district so much!!! Haha Seriously. We are the worst focusers when it comes to studying so we all go in seperate rooms!!!!
   
   SO I'M GETTING OUTTTT OF HERE JUNE 11TH AND 23RD. No big deal. Benefits of choir. We are singing in the Marriot center the 11th and the 23rd for something big, we aren't sure what yet, but it's mission presidents' week, so we are thinking it's going to be GOOD. What Up. It will be nice to get out and breath some air with people wearing pants. Oh dear. I can't wait. Choir is great! I keep forgetting to mention Choir! I stink at singing but it's awesome. We have to get there like 40 minutes early to even get a seat. It's insane, there have been plenty of times where we don't get to go to choir because there aren't enough chairs. But you know, being our fifth week, we can work the system and these little 10 day children don't even know what hit them. Just kdiding. Everyone here is so freaking awesome! Yesterday we sang Lead Kindly Light. It was legit and had a general authority talk to us who was absolutely amazing!!! He was the best speaker. His name? uhhhh Elder Zwick I think. He just spoke on trying to be like Jesus. He shares grandkids with President Eyering. OH MY GOSH. WE SAW CHILDREN YESTERDAY. You don't even know how amazing that was to just see the cute innocent faces of children. I hadn't seen one in weeks. I was seriously like a bird finding a french fry in France or something. I'm not sure if my point got accross there but ooohhhh I love kids. I miss my kids so much.

   So Sunday was weird. First time ever in Relief Society MTC history the speaker didn't show up! Haha. Like what the heck? It was the first counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency. So it was huge to begin with, and then.....she doesn't show up? haha... Oh well...Sunday after devotional we had the opportunity to see the broadcast of Sister Monson's Funeral.... Honestly the sadest thing ever. I never wanted to see President Monson like that, he was happy yet he just looked so old, and I never saw him like that. Sister Hughes and I walked back to the residence hall just balling. It was hard to swallow haha. Anyways. This week I've really tried to work on my obedience, I really want to qualify for the gift of tounges. This week was definitely a struggle on the language. We talk all in Thai in class now, and my head hurts. BUT LUCKILY GUESS WHO FOUND DIET COKE CAFFINATED IN THE FREE BIN??? Oh just me. That was a gift from Heavenly Father. I can testify to that! Anyways, there is this rule which no one follows that they don't want you to read your letters until you are back in the residence hall at night. So Like, sounds silly, but this week I've been following that and I can feel myself improving just on the little things! It's crazy. Who knew Emilee Phelps could be so obedient. THANK YOU DAD FOR THE DOUGHNUTS. THEY WERE SOOOO YUUMMMMY. Next to the cafeteria food in the Temple that is the best thing I've ever eaten. MMMM so good!

   They just opened up the west side of campus at the MTC in Wyview yesterday. It was sort of a big deal. Pretty cool, and to be honest I'm so glad I'm not there. It's tiny. It is like you aren't even experiencing the experinece. I know that's not why I'm here but it's definitely a plus. I saw Miranda today! My zone likes to sit outside of the doors that all the new missionaries come through and honestly it's sometimes hilarious. But I saw her come out and I ran up to her and walked and talked with her for a few. I'm going to visit her tonight and we are going to have a party. A large party. I'll teach her how to be immature. Just kididng. CONGRATS TAYLOR ON THE JOB. So exciting. So happy! And Erika has a new black friend and quotes modern family? I love that fat sister of mine. And Jessica? Just being a mom to the most adorable almost 1 year old. It's so crazy everyone. Jessica and my teacher are kindred spirits. Brother Phan I'm pretty positive likes me the best just because of Jessica. He could go on for ages about that women. Meagan is done with school. That lucky woman doesn't have to deal with the dumb moms anymore. Marie? Just you know, eating her bon bons.I love my sisters more than anything. Always have and always will. Get crocs sisters.... That is all....  IT'S MOM AND MARIE'S BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAYYYY. Woot Woot. I will send you something cool from Thailand.
   
   So one of our Phii Thai's sister is Emma Zaug. Blog stalk her, anyways in her email she said that her first lessons she taught in Bangkok was this mom with a little austisitc son that was running around naked pooping in the corner and punching her companion in the face. Hahaha. I am so excited. I will bring them to salvation. I know it. She also said the food is amazing! I seriously cannot wait! Seriously, we all dream of Thailand here. It's almost becoming real that we are halfway done with the MTC! AHHH I'm so excited!!
   
   This week with our investigators went weird. P Thom our one investigator told us Joseph Smith was weird and that he just doesn't even know. Which was sad. We taught Nike this week and he wants to get sealed to his family! And we never commited him to baptism. It's been a weird week. Thom is getting baptized but doesn't have a testimony and it's the exact opposite with Nike. I know I'm talking like they are real. Get over it. They are real. Just kidding. I love my teachers and my classes! Seriously it's been the best just going to class, learning more from incredible people. I can't wait to go to Thailand but leaving the family I have here will be definitely tough. Also, The computer I'm on doesn't let me attach pictures. Oh speaking of pictures my camera charger won't charge. Which slightly terrifies me. It worked before I left. But not now. I will let you know on the progress next week, if not I'lll need one soon!
    
   Let's see, Thai. THAI. I learned the word for whale. BLAAH JUAN. I tried to make it as romanized as I could. Also we learned to the word "to fart elegantly".... classic. Anyways. This week has been so awesome. I love the support I get. I love the Book of Mormon, it's honestly the best. The Savior is honestly always there for me and the MTC is great! Also, the first vision is the most powerful thing ever. I'm currently working on it in Thai..! OOOHHH Before I go, a huge accomplishment! I am reading the Thai Book of Mormon. All the time. It's awesome. And Crazy that I'm reading noodles. I will read the spaghetti for you when I get home. Send me someting funny. I need a great laugh all the time:) Pray for you guys constantly, just don't forget about me:) And, I love pictures and food! Just saying:) Chog Dii Sitduhh Khrab Khrua.

No comments:

Post a Comment