Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hola!

    Yes, I'm speaking spanish. I hate myself too. Just kidding. Well everyone, I've learned here at the MTC that not everything goes as planned. Sometimes you don't know exactly what is going to happen next. As you can see it is about 7 o'clock in the morning here. I will be spending the rest of my PDay in the hospital getting my tonsils removed. There were like stones, and all week I went to a ear, nose, and throat doctor and they said that many tonsil stones aren't good for your tonsils so they decided to remove them. They said it's a two week recovery and I'll be on the plane to Thailand with the rest of my district. Oh oops. Sorry did I say me, it's actually my companion getting hers out:) Stop crying mom, I'm okay. Sister Hughes is getting her tonsils out today. I'm pretty excited for her I will not lie. I love surgery. It's a good thing I'm going to be a nurse. But she has one companion to take with her so she asked me to go help her. But yes, she is nervous. Has never had any sort of surgery. She is taking it well and knew as soon as the doctor told her she needed them out she was okay with it. Honestly one of the biggest examples. She is so in tune with the spirit I have no worries about her whatsoever. I'm acting excited for her so it's making her less nervous. But we decided to get up extra early this morning so she can relax before her surgery! Keep her recovery in your prayers. We were told the other day we are the most prayed for set of humans to walk on this planet. And obviously the prophet. But we were told to expect miracles. We have that right. So that is what we are doing. I think there is about 100,000,000 prayers that go to missionaries a day. I think each of us get like 100 prayers haha. We did the math. I think the Lord will send her some extra ones for luck:)

   Anyways like I said, You cannot excpect a thing in the MTC! The most same place in town. But holy cow. Haha. So I had my first ever break up this week. It was definitely tough. Our teacher, Brother Shipley, was you know just teaching us a lesson, when out of no where we asked him if he was teaching our nung Thais,which come in today, And he like didn't want to answer us. And he was grinding his teeth. Yeah. He left us, for the younger Thais. Typical male. Just kidding. It wasn't his choice, it was the bosses. He was pretty upset. But as soon as we got it out of him, all five girls in the room just start crying, softly because we didn't want to make it a big deal. And then he felt so like I don't know what to do now. And he was like, uhhh everyone go get a drink of water. So we all go out and all the girls just start hysterically balling. It was definitely rough news. I definitely wanted to curl up in a ball, eat some pop tarts, and watch the Jospeh Smith Movie..... get it? Because it was a religious breakup? Haha, cracked myself up... It sounds silly but I owe the beggining of my MTC experience to Brother Shipley. He started shaping who I am through his awesome words and testimonies. He is not human. The nung Thais are so lucky. And we slightly resent them for taking brother Shipley. But We get our co teacher who has been trainning, his name is Brother Thrap. Like a puppy dog. No joke, you just want to squish his always smiling cheeks. He looks like Lizzie Mcguires little brother. It's honestly crazy. And we have Brother Phan. But Brother Shipley, ugh, we said goodbye to him yesterday. It was hard. Even though he will be right down the hall. Just a dagger to the heart.

    Welp. What else? I see Korey Matthews all the time. And Meagan Hoyt! We all have the same dinner time pretty much so we are always running into each other. I also see the Patterson Twins on a daily basis. I think they are getting there reassignments soon! Crazy! I met someone the other day that entered the MTC last wednesday and GRADUATED on tuesday... Like honestly. How crazy is that. There are 2013 graduates. Blows my mind. I'm so old. Sick. Nasty.

    So I would like to share my TWO most embarrassing moments that happened my entire MTC Stay.  And you know me, it's hard to really get me embarrassed. So yeah, no big deal. Just walking around devo in the conference center. It's about to start, me and my comp are trying to find everyone else. When suddenly, a stair pops out of no where. IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. My most ungraceful faceplant walking upstairs.
Flat.....
   
    I was pretty sure I broke my hand. But no, I just have a lovely bruise and a giant gash in my knee that wouldn't stop bleeding. Probably needed stiches. But hey, I get about a hundred prayers a day. Right?:) haha. But I'm fine now. It just hurt my soul a little when everyone was turned around to see the horror film taking place. Alright number two hurt my soul a little bit more. I was reciting "our purpose" in Thai in class and my hands were swinging. And I didn't notice brother Shipley bending over. Yeah. I accidently touched his bum. And everyone saw it. I was horrified. Borhter Shipley just laughed. But like, honestly. Horrifying....

    I cannot believe Tyler, Spencer, and Christian are home. It's so crazy. There is no way they have been gone for two years. So crazy! That's fun though. I'm sure they are happy to be home. Honestly though out in the mission field. Well, the MTC, Days go by so stinking slow and weeks go by fast. It's the honest truth. I love it here. But I can taste Thailand now, I just cannot wait! 2 and  half weeks and I'm out of here!

    So exciting news is that every tuesday from here on out we have devotional at the Marriot center. It's freaking crazy! So many missionaries. I can't describe it. So many missdionaries walking. Like you said mom, I'm sure they broacasted it. We have people getting out of their cars to take pictures! Like what the heck haha. Anyways, the broacast on the 23rd is with 1100 missionaries in the choir, 1100 members in provo who are professional singers and they put them together and we go to the marriot center and on the stage will be all the apostles and prophet and first presidency. Pretty awesome right?
   
    Anyways. It's like a tribute to misisonary work. I thought it might have been for like the mission presidents conference but it's not. Anyways. It's so fun. We are singing a legit version of Called To Serve. Which is so stinking high, then Hark All Ye Nations. So that will definitely be something I remember. I'm pretty lucky to be in the MTC at this time in life. We get about 900 new missionaries a week. The MTC slowy increases. The first week I was here I had no idea how many people this place could fit! Honestly I just don't understand or fathom it sometimes. Haha. So many people to bear our testimony in Thai to on campus (honestly one of my favorite activities). I'm just blown away by the spirit though on campus. It's truly like a temple here. Anyways.

    I don't have much else to say. We baptized our investigator Pthom. It was awesome! Such a good feeling. It's so wawesome to be able to say what I want to say in Thai now, It's not as frustrating in a lesson. Alright so one of my favorite Thai words is the pronoun for he, she, him, her, shim, all those good things... It's "Cow" We reference other people as "cow." Honestly, there is no better joy then calling someone a cow behind there back:) hahaha. I love Thai, honestly it's the most beautiful language, everyone of us are really picking up the language. For speaking it for a month and half, we can pretty much hold a gospel related conversation. It's a great feeling. Everyone envies the language. The boys in my  district always ask to pray at choir. I don't know why, but yeah, it's legit. Everyone is like oh my gosh, what is that. So we are pretty popular! Just kidding!

    We got our nung Thais and the rest of everyone in our zone! There are 22 Thais, 8 of them are girls! We are pretty excited, we have been just a little overwhelmed getting through this week with Sister Hughes and Brother Shipley. Anyways. Can't wait to see how overwhelmed they are with the Thai! They will do amazing though, I'm sure of it. If they have our teacher. Oh they will do amazing, if not better than us. In Thai we leanred that Tarzan song, "I want to know, can you show me, i want to something something" That one. It's awesome. We always sing it. Yesterday we had our first SYL day where we only spoke Thai. It was awesome! We did so well!

    One of the best things we do here is tell people our language is hebrew and we are going to Jerusalem. Some people poop their pants. Haha. Anyways.

    I've grown so much here. I've learned how to love pepole. I've grown to love Christ. I've grown to love reading the scriptures! I love that every unfair thing in life can be made fair through the atonement! I'm so happy for this opportuinity to be able to serve a mission, I don't deserve this! I just remember whenever I lose focus that my name isn't the only on on the name badge. Christ's name is there too. Got to make it right! I love you all! Keep it up. Pray for Sister Hughes! Be good. I'm sorry I don't have time to email anyone back! Loveeeee. I'm going to try to attach pictures, and I'm not sure when I'm going to write letters, depends on my day! Bye!

Seirously, TALL Time is our life (Language Study)

We love dinner... Seriously, what the heck is this trash? Cod Nuggets? FOUL

We escaped campus to get some medicine at BYU, what a glorious day.

You know I love me some language study time. Just FYI, a good night's rest in the MTC means everything.

We will miss Brother Shipley:( Sad!

Honestly this is the best picture that has happened in historty. We decided to do companionship hug when elder windsor wanted to snap some pictures. When we started. mmmm Whats the word, Falling? Yeah, We fell.

It was glasses day in our neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment