Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I miss pants

   I'm sorry in advanced. This letter will be much shorter than normal. We are hosting today and don't have a choice. It's a real slight bummer because there goes two of my Pdays in a row. But thats okay. I'm excited to be someones first experience in the MTC! Wooo. Anyways. A little bit of a rough week. Not too shabby at all, just difficult. Sister Hughes had her surgery! A week ago! I can't believe it. She has had a pretty normal recovery. Thank you for your prayers! We all are a little off our game this week, but some really great experiences!!!

   Mommy I'm so stoked you had a great time at camp. Makes me happy. Also can I say that it makes me happy that you freaked out that I almost had my tonsils taken out. Haha. Marie wrote me and I like died laughing. How did I know that was going to happen? Oh yeah. So I wrote letters last week but didn't send them out. I'm sorry about that to everyone. I honestly don't have time to write letters today either. It's kind of a large bummer I will not lie. But I'll try to send my last week letters this week. And yes there was a Father's Day letter. I'm the worst daughter in the world! My dad is the coolest, biggest example in my life and I couldn't even put a postage stamp on a stinking envelope! But it's coming Dad don't you worry! I just have had no time at all to breath this week! But it's all good. I'm a missionary. I think that's how it's supposed to be!

     I need to start by saying you will never see my cheetah shirt again on Sunday. We have to wear "classic" missionary attire. You know, ugly. haha. But really. We can't really wear anything. I'm a little nervous in what I will wear, but I'll let future Emilee deal with that!
    Ahh, so nothing funny or new this week! I really have fallen in love with two songs though. "Poor Wayfaring Man." Just an amazing background story, and "Lord dismiss us with thy blessing." Honestly its my life. "Lord dismiss us with thy blessing, oh refresh us, oh refresh us, traveling through this wilderness." Seriously. I have done nothing on my own here at the MTC and I'm postive the rest of my mission. As I have centered my whole world around learning this language and learning how to speak with the spirit I have really just given up on myself, and learned to trust in the Lord with every fiber of my being. I've had some great Personal Study this week about the atonement. And ONLY through Jesus Christ we can become "at one with God" I've never really considered too much on the fact that Christ was forordained to do this work. He was forordained to die for us before the earth was created and he was last of all forordained to LOVE us. That has been in my mind a lot lately and I try to focus my whole day around Christ. No more room for me. Not even today! AHHHH haha. But yes. Really just put some things into perspective!

    My new teacher Brother Thrap is freaking hilarious! I love him so much. Like I said, a little puppy dog and his Thai is exceptional so it's a lot easier learning from him! Thai is awesome! All you family don't even know how cool it is to experience learning how to read twice. I can't believe it. I have been given this amazing gift and talent of SPEAKING THAI. I can't get over it. I'm like, wow, Heavenly Father. This is way too cool that you are helping me learn this amazing language so quickly but to remember it for the rest of my life. True gift. What Up.

    So last week Sister Hughes was SOOO awesome when she woke up from anesthesia. Oh my gosh. I'm so lucky I was there. i couldn't stop laughing at her. She cried a lot, but it was so funny the things that came out of her mouth. She was like calling her dad Lester, when his name is David. She came out speaking FLUENT THAI! No Joke! I was impressed, The nurse came and got me directly after surgery because she needed me to translate for her. Hahaha, it was awesome. I'm glad I was there to secretely record her nonsense. Thats why she secretely brought me because I would break the rules and do that for her! She was like gagging herself with her stinking popsicle! Oh my gosh. I can't not laugh thinking about it. Okay. Maybe I'm just breathing a little bit harder thinking about it. I'm not actually laughing out loud. But yes. She is doing well, but she is having a rough time. I get up with her in the middle of the night every night to help her take her medicine and miraculously have enough energy to wake up the next morning at 6:30. Tender mercy from the Lord. I would never be bale to do that any other time. This morning we got up at 5 so we can get a headstart on the day when at 11 our PDay ends. Went to the temple and all that jazz.

    Okay so a funny story. We were on the 3rd story of our classroom building where the spanish missionaries are and it was hilarious. We overheard the teachers saying that whenever their missionaries get disscouraged they just want to take them to the Thai classroom so they will feel better about themselves. haha. Joke's on them. THAI IS AWESOME. Anyways. So, funny story... we had media and Salt Lake Times newspaper come to the MTC to interview about the surge of misisonaries and they were like get the hardest language so we can interview them....Thai.... haha. We were requested to be interviewed. Want to know something else? Mmm... Sister Stack's mother is the head of the journalism at Salt Lake Times... She came to the MTC. Sister Stack got to see her mom. It was crazy. Sister Stack was freaking out the whole time, like do I want to see her? But the MTC Mission president made her go see her mom. Oh because the head journalist was Sister Stack's mom they couldn't interview our distrcit. They interviewed the other Thai district. Brother Shipley was the teacher. They took pictures and such. So look for that article when it comes out! My family is in there!

    OKAY DRUM ROOOLLLL! I get my travel plans at the end of this week! Next time we talk I will know when I can call you from the airport!! How exciting!!!!! A week and a half left! I cannot wait to eat cafe rio... and I guess talk to you guys. I have a feeling I know how the conversation will go... "Hiya family" "Hey Emilee, Speak to us in Thai." "chingchangchongchingchangchong." Something like that :). Literally! I feel like my capacity to learn more Thai is gone because I leave in 1 week and a half! Remember at stake conference I said I had two and a half weeks left and how that time flew? I can't beleive it! Oh I forwarded you that email from the mission! Our first night we are staying in a hotel in Bangkok!!!! I can't wait! This is going to be the most exciting time ever! Did I tell you our Nung Thais came in? Crazy amounts. They are awesome and SOO much smarter than us I cannot believe how fast they are progressing. The teachers are really pushing them. I think it's awesome! Pretty soon here I'm going to be sending some things home. I will send home one of my "Urim and Thummins" so you can just see exactly what I deal with:) I love you all! Take care! Remember Christ!

Emilee and Miranda :)

This kid in our district emailed this picture to us. Brother Shipley- How we love and miss him

No comments:

Post a Comment