Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Happy Birthday MEAGAN!

    I guess I'll get to my big email! Don't you get tired of hearing from a missionary? I get bored of hearing myself through emails! 

    The weird thing about having so many siblings is I almost forget birthdays. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEAGAN. You're my favorite...shh dont tell the others..... 

    Lots of progress this week:) our investigator pool is too exciting.... 5 investigators at church. The transfer is drawing to the end. We are going out with a boom! Ching chong. (Our chinese investigator) I finally just started calling him "Jay" and it's stuck with the members and everyone calls him Jay now. haha. I feel pretty cool for starting that. But this whole week sister Ellis and I can't say his chinese name so we just called him Ching Chong. We have some great names for our investigators names that we can't remember. Saturday night the district leader call us and is like okay. Tell me the names of your investigators going to church so I can pray for them. (It's just a cute district thing we do. praying for each others investigators.) And me and sister Ellis start off with, Emmanuel, Dow, Ploy... then the names we forget "Pray for ching chong, toothless man, lady on the bridge." haha. He replies "Sister You KNOW I'm going to pray for these people." TOo funny. I really like our district leader. Most humble kid EVER. He dies next week. It will be sad to see him leave. That's for sure.

    Good news! Sister Ellis' little sister is going on a mission.! Too cool. And I'm talking to my MTC Companions right now. I love them so much. I get to see them next week. After Transfers there is a huge Sisters meeting for valentines day. Definitely interesting but I get to see Sister Her again and my mtc buds! I miss them all so much... Sister Her emails me every week. When we were companions we loved each other and got along most of the time but now we just love each other so much more... So weird how companionships work. I love sister Ellis. I think she will be out of here though. She has been here for 18 weeks now. Time for her to chagne. I'll be WAY way sad if I have to leave. that is for sure.... I love this area and I love my international investigators. Ugh. If I leave. I will definitely shed some tears haha. I've been debating to email president and tell him i'm not moving. Haha. I just love it too much.... Anyways. There is a good chance I'm staying though... 

    Yesterday at church there is a little fat boy probably around a year old. in the international branch trying to reach a gummy bear under the pews but his poor little fat cheeks were stuck on the bench while he was reaching for those gummy bears hahaha. During the sacrament prayer sister Ellis and I could NOT stop laughing....we were sooo disruptive. We probably forfeited a few referrals from the members about how much we were laughing. But holy cow. I miss little chubby babies. Lyla does for now. :)

    Last week we taught ching chong, "Jay" and taught him with 4 languages flying across the table. English, mandrain, cantanese, and thai. It was honestly the coolest experience ever. You will never get that opportunity anywhere else....seriosuly. Definitely the coolest opportunity serving international. You work with such a wide variety of people..

    One awesome thing that happened was we ordered some food at this restaurant. Then we sit and wait for the food and this waiter goes up to the cook lady which is about 5 feet from me. and He was like what the heck are these white people doing here. And when someone throws out the word "farang" You know they are talking about you because you are the only forgiener in sight. haha And talks crap and the cook lady was like. You better watch yourself becasue they speak thai. and He turns around and I'm like. Yes I speak thai. ANd he gets SO emmbarressed and turns red. Sister Ellis was a little confused haha. But i got a little prideful calling out a khon thai on my abilities to speak thai. Definitely rewarding. 

    This week I wrote more of stories that happened throughout the week instead of the actual work..but. It was alot of fun. Had a good week. I'm so exhausted all the time but I really see the blessings of all this work. Never felt more at peace than in my entire life.....

We are hoping for a baptism this week. Keep us in your prayers:) I love you all.....

Sister Phelps


No comments:

Post a Comment