Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hey Hey

    Okay okay. I'm sorry. No elephants. But I do have some SICK pictures of the area. Lot's of cool culture stuff you never would see in America. We rented a song tow (a truck with a hood over the bed of the truck and we sit in the bed) for about 10 ish missionaries. Super fun. Lots of ruins. Wats. Definitely cool....

    Good news. The mission had 164 baptisms in January. So proud. So awesome. We in fact had a baptism of our own yesterday. For Charisa. A phillipina. She is so cute. First baptism in the international branch since june last year. The branch was excited. Then the elders gave us a referral of a chinese man named asdfghjkl(Obviously you understand I can't pronounce his name) But he was just the best. He came to church and just loves the thought of God and Jesus. He speaks sooo little english but the cool thing about an international branch we have a family who speaks chinese with him. Tonight we are going there for FHE. We are really excited. He is the sweetest and the Chinese family is the sweetest... High faith for him. Keep ching chong in your prayers<3

    So this last week Thailand is in a state of emergency. So we had a lot of texts telling us to keep 72 hours worth of food storage especially since yesterday was the election. But we are like."3 days of food storage? Check. Mcdonalds delivers." haha just kidding we have food storage. We weren't having any problems in our area but I heard downtown it was getting pretty serious...But yesterday we could only go to church and then home. So we were home at 5 till the rest of the night. We zonked early haha. There is only so much to do at home before your missionary exhaustion catches up:) But good news. I'm safe... I just have the runs... oh thai food.....

    I decided I will be that awkward missionary when I get back.... you know. The one that can only talk about their mission. I'm seeing that as I communicate with other missionaries. The mission is all we are familiar with haha... It's so funny. Before we go to bed sister Ellis and I just chat about our investigators haha. It's just too funny. Can't get enough. I think I'll sign off here. Not too much happened. Just taught and found. I LOVE MY JOB...It's definitely better than working in customer service. That's for sure. Better blessings.....
i'll just send lots of pictures instead. Thanks for listening... Tune in next week.:)

Sister Phelps


This is a letter that Emilee recieved from one of her converts in her last area:

Hey Sister Phelps!How are you? I'm Nam in Udon Thani .I miss you so much. Tomorrow is the last time party at Sister and Elder Heart's house haha i might spelt their name wrong.I'm sorry that i didn't sent email to you since you left here.Do you get my latter? I thought I'll miss them so much and everyone loves them.I love to go to the church and sunday too.Now I'm a youth teacher in Udon Thani branch 1,I love it.Next monday is my birthday.There are 5 people were born in this month;Elder Wilko's 6,My is 10,Brother Jack's 12,Sister Mukmic's 14 and Sister Bee's 16.We'll have a big birthday party.I looked back on my days and my past just review what did i do last 1 year and I knew I got a lot experiences thanks God.I really want to see the temple and I plan to go to Hongkong Temple in next Chirstmast wish i can go there.Last friday night i had piano show,everybody who are Sister Heart's students,we had members from Nongkhai and Kumpawapei to show the piano at Udon Thani.Thank you so much to tough me to know how much father loves me and the last I wanted to said "I love you" Wish to see you again ;]♡

our LA gave us doctor masks to wear around. So asian. So classic.





My recent convert Nam<3 Love and miss her soo much:)
GIant buddahs and Ruins. Can't get much better than thailand.....

This is what you get when your room is a freezer and you need to pray. Pray under the blanket of course!



1This sign says Thai people 10 baht. Forienger 50 baht. I was trying to talk them down. I was like. Yo i can read this sign. I get in for 10 baht right? haha. It didn't work...... Bummed.



ayuttya is way cool.

Song tow with all the missionaries.... Me and sister ellis were standing on the back....

Just a bunch of monkey

White budda worship wat. Pretty sweet

This sweet place with ruins.....

my cool comp.

cool picture.

I'm pretty sassy missionary in this one.

our district. Love them to pieces <3 Yes mom i do love them btw. We just live years away from all of them...

This sweet Buddha lady laying down.

This hole I was sweating to death down there. I couldn't breath at all haha. Soo steep down this giant ruins building. The stairs were like a ladder... I'm glad elders were in front of me haha.

Charisa Got Baptized! :) I also got a sweet skirt. Asian.


No comments:

Post a Comment