Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Familia (Had you fooled. I actually speak Thai not spanish)

What a week What a week.

I'll start with the biggest news first...... TRANSFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But The best news from transfers is they OPENED MYANMAR. HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE DEAL. We have 3 countries in our mission. Thailand, Loas, and Myanmar. 1 year ago President sent missionaries to Loas and last week the first ever missionaries were sent to Myanmar. Holy trash. So they went through the normal transfers. (Yes it affected me but I'll get to that in a seconed) And transfers are litterally a freaking PARTY. The new missionaries come in. We sing called to serve in THai as fast as we possibly can. Listen to President and Sister Senior speak with whoops and hollars. Clapping. It's a slight place for the spirit haha. But the coolest thing was they had EVERY missionary come to transfers so we new something huge was gunna happen. They use slides on a powerpoint to do transfers and where they go and then the "last" slide said The End. But there were people that didn't have places to go still. Then the power points go on. Opening Chang Rai and Nong Khai for SIsters. Which is such a HUGE deal. Opening new areas. ANd then a flash of the word Myanmar and the missionaries go CRAZY.... Then when president starts talking the sound of a pin can be dropped and heard. It was dead silent. Everyone had there cameras recording. People crying. It was so spiritual. Last november Elder Holland gave President Senior permission to send the first missionaries to MYANMAR. Soooo amazing..... Anyways. Long paragraph

Everyone I saw. EVERYONE. Told me I look so much skinnier and they wanted to know my secrets. Haha. I really felt booming. It felt good....

SOme other exciting news is I stayed and have a new companion Sister Ladle! I love her. I've been super blessed with companions lately. THe lord just knows. You know? I was actually in the MTC with her. SHe is only 6 weeks younger than me and had a native trainer so our THai is seriously on the same level.. Oh my gosh. YOu don't understand the stress that takes off. I don't have to train anymore! I don't have to sit in a lesson and tell them to talk about something because we are both experienced and just bounce off each other! Oh man. It's great. We both are so excited and Getting along so stinking well.... It's going to be a beautiful transfer:)

Sister Ellis opened an area with a sister who is half thai but grew up in the states. THe area they moved to all her family is from and there is like 10 membvers or something crazy like that. anyways. THey have seen a ton of success already and they baptize people in RIVERS. So crazy. Sister Her is right next to me in Ban Bua Tong. I love her to death. 

Crazy. They closed an area in my area so now we only have 4 missionaries instead of 6. We had a baptism yesterday....... exciting....

SOme other exciting news! The Elders from my group in the MTC are TRAINERS! WOOOO. I cried a little when I found that out. I just love my elders so much. Elder Winsor is training a native thai too. I'm so way too excited for them. Training is the best and the worst all at the same time..... They are going to be great. And more experienced than I was.... WOO HOO. Go MIssions

I had soo much fun at transfers. Seeing everyone. I miss them alllll

I have 4 transfers left... the fourth transfer meeting i'm a dead missionary..... makes me... sick thinking about it..... I haven't seen enough success to almost be dead! But we are going to kill it this transfer.... I just know it...... I'm really not a senior companion or a junior companion. We both are going to extend commitments and both talk on the phone the most! I'm sooooo excited! 

Wish me luck! I'll talk to you next week!!!!

Sister Phelps


Just for funsies


MTC COMPS...

You know you are obeidient when you have feet tan lines.... some others have it worse... but these are pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment