Monday, April 28, 2014

I MOVED!

Whats good!

    I MOVED!!!!!!!! I really did.... Oh my was this a week. Monday we get transfer calls right after emails. I'm staying in Chiang Mai. phew. I was NOT done in that area. I was like sweet. I'm stoked. Bam. Monday night I get a call at FHE. "Hey sister Phelps you're moving. Good Luck".... I was ticked haha. I was like, 6 weeks in heaven? Not enough time. The Whole district except one zone leader white washed out.... So we got all of our things packed and left wednesday. We took a sleeper train....14 hours:) yay... 4 of the missionaries in our district finished there mission so they all left tuesday to have pday in Bangkok. I was definitely sad to leave sister Somboonit...such a sweetie. 

    I was freaking out. As soon as I got the transfer calls. I was like. NOOO i love the north so much. I just want to be here forever. Then I heard Chiang Rai sisters were transferring out. I was like. Perfect. I'm going to chiang rai. And guess what? I MOVED TO CHIANG RAI! :) So Seriously I went 4 hours north of Chiang Mai. Isn't that hilarious? I just went off on a switch off here 2 weeks ago so I'm already a little familiar with the area.... it's funny I took all my crap down to bangkok and back up to chiang rai... Too funny. But I am in love. This is a NEW area. Sisters opened it last transfer for the first time in 10 years. So it's been barely touched by sisters and oh my gosh. I love that. No one knows us. The church is new and I still get to talk to soooo many christians. WE ARE IN A RENTED BUILDING. Finally. No church building. It literally has the giant garage doors over the doors that we open and close every time.... So legit. Our Baptismal font is like a jecuzzi you have to climb into. I took a picture in it but I can't remember if I send it or not.... we will see..... SEriously. It's just the coolest feeling... And it's so easy to get people to come to church and get a book of Mormon. Because... everyone is seeking for truth...These last couple of days have been the best of my whole mission. 

    My companion is Sister Holmes.... She is a STUD. She is from sandy utah and just a fire ball. She is just barely out of her greenie stages but holds herself well. I'm very impressed. She tells me she has self confidence issues in the language but serieously would never guess. She holds up well in lessons. Definitely a companionship I'm loving so far. She is my most hard working companion. We literally don't waste a single second. Always calling our investigators. Contacting hard on the streets. We don't usually take our hours for dinner and lunch. Just because we don't have time. I'm loving it. So engulfed in the work. Finding sooo many people to teach. And we are seeing SO many miracles. 

    One miracle that is so worth sharing is friday we had a sports day with the ward and we ended up getting there a little late because we were contacting and then we after we had gotten there we could only stay for like 45 minutes because then we had an appointment with an investigator that was for sure going to stand us up. She stopped answering her phone and we really knew it was going to pit. But... we thought that we should still go to the church and just get some more street contacting done. So we get to the church. And Sister Holmes has the keys so she starts locking our bikes up and this guy passes the church so I stop him and talk to him and he is GOLDEN. Searching for truth wants to learn about the book of Mormon. Going to church and bringing his friends... Then as I'm talking to this guy a girl shows up on her bike and stops sister holmes and asks her if this is a christian church and tells her right away that she wants to be a member and what she has to do to be a member. So we took her to the baptismal font showed her the church and she was sooo excited. Her name is JuneJune... she is just a miracle and she brought her sister to church yesterday too.... She is getting baptized next sunday... We are soooo excited.. Miracles are just happening to those obedient and willing to listen to the spirit:)

    AHHHH. I have to tell you. I started my 6 months to sexy a week early..... I thought. Since it's a new transfer it's a new start.... So my comp hates to work out. Except she is a total babe so she doesn't need to. But she has been a doll and gone running with me in the mornings and this morning was abs and arms. She is such a champion and she has more than a year left of her mission. Oh I love her. The first day we met she sat on my lap in a taxi and slammed my hand in the door. It's a great copmanionship already:) 

    GUESS WHAT.... I gave my FIRST talk in Thai yesterdady.... We get in on frieday and then that day we get a call from the branch president telling us we will be giving talks that sunday. Oh poop. I was soooo scared. I don't have the right vocabulary for a talk. When you are giving a talk you have to use a set of higher words that I know when I hear but it's so hard for me to use... But I just ended up not using them. It was fine. I am so happy with my language where I can start to be myself. I got people laughing in the beggining and said what I wanted to say... Oh it was fun... But I was very nervous to give a talk:) 

    In our area we have a greenie. I'm so excited. There are only 4 missionaries here. My district leader was in the older group that me in the MTC. So he is only 6 weeks older than me.... but he is a boss. And now he is training... Elder Calderone is training elder Tacheuchie.... He is japanese. But it's fun to see little greenies again being so awkward they don't know how to handle themselves haha... More of my elders in my district are training again. I'm so happy... And most of them are distrcit leaders.... I'm sooo loving my area... I swear my areas just keep getting better and better..... HURRAH FOR ISRAEL...

    Anyways. The church is true. I LOVE bearing my testimony and calling others to come to christ in this little small town. Today we are riding ostirches.... :) yeah... apparently if you put a bag over their head they stop and don't do anything.. calm and wont move and then you take the bag off and they are like bulls.... So I cant wait... There are some really cool sites to see here.... There is a white wat(temple buddist) that is the talk of the country. and Elephant ridings across a river AND holding giant anacondas. Oh yes. I have a companion just as worldly and white touristy as me. We are killing these pdays with exactness.... 

phillipians 4:13
Love

Sister Phelps

saying goodbye to our rc's in Chiang mai



sister Stack

this is our 4some.... we love each other the best in the whole mission. We are told "we just get it."

Saying goodbye to sister Somboonit

6 months to sexy...started

 we found and bought grandma dresses.....

No comments:

Post a Comment