Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wow

At least I'm in THailand and ALIVE. Instead of dealing with world catastrophes like Garret.

    All is well. We had our english camp. It went over well. They want us back. Obviously. We are cool like that:) Just kidding. The students there new little to no english. It was way hard. Basically we talked in thai the entire time. I felt like I was back in udon up at that camp. So ghetto with really country side people who barely speak thai in itself. Haha. I learned a little of the new dialect. It was awesome. I'm trying to use it here in chiang mai. Sister Somboonit just laughs when I try to speak it. I sound like an idiot haha. But this camp also reminded me of Aseon food. This morning my stomach just explodes haha. no food poisoning thankfully. But sketchy food I don't think was good for anyone haha.

    We had a wayyy fun experience this last week. Before a baptism on sunday we had about 25 ish minutes to kill so we decided to go talk to everyone on the street in front of the church. Granted we live right where all the tourists are so we were talking to some people from all over the world. And then the little old man walks up who is thai. We talk to him about baptism and invite him in the church to watch it. He was like. Okay. So this little frail 85 year old man walks in the church with us. I can't understand him because he has no teeth but we invite him to eat with the members. He was so happy. Then he gets up and starts walking over to me and He is shorter than sister Somboonit so honestly. It's more awkward than a baby born with a full set of teeth. But he starts handing me his reciepts and I'm so confused. I'm like sister Somboonit come help me. I don't understand this guy. It turns out they were all his lottery numbers he was trying to give me. haha. I"m like sorry dude. we don't believe in numbers we believe in god. Anyways the members were so nice to him he stayed for the baptism loved it. Then after wards we are like. Hey old man. Want to get baptized? He was like. No, I'm buddist. Then he leaves, (slowly.) But he was so cute. Everyone was so jealous of our old little investigator man. Anyways. It was way cool. The hearts of the people in chiang mai are just so warm. I love it. 

    Translating is going fun. It helps with my thai a lot. I had the most tiring translating experience. We had zone training and it was like half in thai half in english so I had to translate for the senior companion for the thai parts and then I would turn the other way and translate for sister Somboonit on the english parts haha. It's definitely so hard to translate from english to thai. I'm so bad at it....

    Our district is struggling with unity right now. I've never had this problem but it's really dramatic. Kind of scary. Our zone leaders right now pretty much suck. They are so trunky and lazy and just jerks. So thats what we are dealing with. Pretty much my only problem. Sister Somboonit is my all time favorite person ever. I've never been so happy. We seriously are just laughing constantly.She just turned 25 last week. She is freaking old. She always just comes in and rubs her knees and tells me how old she is haha. Yesterday when we were leaving english I just said to everyone. Okay it's late. I'm taking my thai companion and going home so I just picked her up. Threw her over my shoulder and we were off haha. Everyone laughed it was funny. 

    Today we are going to Chiang Rai for a switch off. about 3 hour drive. But the coolest thing there is that people ride OSTRICHES............... If I see one. I'm riding it. period. No buts. Next week is the GIANT water Festivals. Chiang mai is the best for Song Kram. They bring out the elephants and just spray everyone. Monday we get to play all day and have to go in at night then next tuesday we "work" and go in at night to study. It's too hard here to work during song kram because EVERYONE takes off work to play for a whole week. And it's slightly dangerous for sisters because with water everyone puts baby powder on you too. And if you're not careful strangers will come pour baby powder down your shirt. Hah. Ahhh. THats going to be my life. Then this weekend is conference. I'm so excited it's like christmas!!!!! the white missionaries are going to the senior couples house for conference. Super stoked........

    The elder Senior couple is the funniest guy I've met. Elder and Sister Ure. Elder ure just kills me he is sooo funny. He always says like things old people say. He was talking about a river at the camp and told us it had to be full of HIV. or this kid was picking his nose and was saying. Oh man this kid is getting into buisness. It was so funny. And He was telling us about his colonoscopy how he was awake and got to watch it. He was also asking me about the worms that I had in udon and how I got rid of them. Oh my gosh. I can't stop laughing. He is sooo niceee. I love chiang mai. I'll die here and be totally happy...! 

I love youuu allll. Chiang Mai work is really doing great too. I am so happy. All the time. It's weird. I love it.!

Sister Phelps

(Emilee ran out of time and didn't get to explain any of her pictures from this week)

These first 3 are pictures from last week's waterfall hike







No comments:

Post a Comment