Monday, April 21, 2014

บัพติศมา That actually took about 5 minutes to spell.

    But just like the subject line says. WE HAD A BAPTISM!... It was a MIRACLE.... seriously. May, our little investigator we found the first week sister Somboonit and I were here got baptized yesterday. She had some problems with commandments but gave them up and decided to get baptized.! She is SOOO cute. It wasa amazing. Sister Somboonit's last sunday was yesterday and Sautrday we went and visited May because we didn't know if it was possible to get her an interview before Sunday but she was totally ready we just didn't get the chance to talk to her much that week because of the water festival..... Anyways. We pulled it off. She got interviewed that night and she just beamed with excitment. I literally love that girl. We have worked so hard these passed 6 weeks with her and it was cool that Sister Somboonit was here for the baptism as well. She was all smiles on Sundayy..... Ugh. I love her so much. These are the moments of why I am a missionary. 

    The water festival was obviously exciting on monday. We bought water guns and just killed everyone. We went to this walking street of tons of people and it was so fun. The freaking water was soaked with ice so it was ice cold water. It was a little heart wrenching but so fun to be freaking hot with people just throwing water all over us. Even if the water was dirtier than the streets.. and I accidently had my mouth open when a man threw a bucket of river water all over me... yum...

    The work in Chiang mai got really slow all of a sudden. I think it's because of the water festival last week.... So that was a little sad and after a couple of days of being stranded in the house because we weren't allowed to go play it was a little hard getting back into the groove of working with our investigators. But yes. Still have about 2 progressing investigators so that should be fun no? We are going to do a lot of inviting with my new companion. I hope I stay here.... We get transfer calls today. I'm not ready to leave. But I am pretty positive I'll be senior companion for the rest of my mission. Kind of a bummed because this last 6 weeks was just a blessing........

    I had a funny accidental thai slip up this week. I mean I have many. But this one was my funniest... I lost my planner and I was SO sad... Literally almost started to cry. My whole life. Just gone in a matter of seconds. And I just laid on my bed pouting because I was just too upset. haha. Oh the things as a missionary. And sister Somboonit comes in and is like. Woah. Whats wrong... And instead of telling her that I was sad I didn't have my PLANNER.... I accidently told her I was sad I didn't have my PERIOD. She was sooo confused and It took me a good second to figure out what I said..... Then I laughed and realized that God still loves me and has a sense of humor....

    I wish I had more to say. But not really. I haven't been sleeping well at nights because my mattress is a piece of fabric with springs under it. Exciting...So that has been a really big struggle this last week is the lack of sleep...but I've been SUPER blessed that waking up at 6:30 has been super easy.... i know lots of missionaries that struggle with that and I thought for sure I would be one of those but. Thank goodness for thai food that gets me up the next morning asap to use the restroom:)

    So just like Uchtdorf said in his talk that we need to be grateful in our circumstances of our trials and so I'm grateful the lord helps me stay exactly obedient through thai food even though I get no sleep. 

    Well I should be getting my death papers this week. That will be a weird moment....and transfers is here and I'm really really sad to leave Sister Somboonit. She goes down to Bangkoktomorrow night and I stay here with sister Woodbury (Who I freaking love) till Thursday.... IF one of us gets transfered. If we don't get transfered we both will stay and work in our area for transfers which I won't complain because our area needs to be worked in this week... But MORAL of the story is I love sister Somboonit and she has helped me grow in ways I don't even understand. She has the most extroidanary faith and prays like a beast. She has taught me a lot and I will miss her dearly! Ugh! I will miss just throwing her over my shoulder. Okay hilarious. She was riding her bike in the dark and didn't see a small baby bike in the road and totally fell over it. She got hurt but it was totally funny..... Good thing she is carriable..... 

    I love this work. It's the only true work. I was thinking if Heavenly Father didn't send out his first missionaries with Joseph Smith, this dispensation would've died along with all the other prophet dispensations. This day and age is crucial, I think there needs to be a LOT of righteous in this world to help out when Christ comes again and that day is soon so the need for missionaries in THIS dispensation is crucial..... Anyways..... Missionary work is true. I love it.

And I love you all too :) Thank you for your support as always!
 
-Sister Phelps

also this is chiang rai's baptismal font....it's like a mini pool. it's sooo freaking legit....... I realize this may be sacriligious. But we did used to pretend to baptize each other in our pool when we were kids.... So I thought. nahh.... and besides... I thought this picture was better than bringing my right hand to the square. 
our sweet may


I realize how large I look in one of these pictures... haha. I swear... I am fat... but not that fat...... Sister Somboonit agrees....... But yes...  the french family with the kids that speak fluent thai but the dad speaks none...


Tim tammed slam after our baptism.... it's a great way to end her mission



Me and the lovely sister Woodbury...or sister Wolverine. I love this girl


I love these pictures.... She was personally studying and I just decided to attack her with pictures... She literally dissapeared. And then she told me I was heavy haha. So I got off.....

This is a picture drawn by our RC Tat that got baptized last month. She is sooo cute..... I love the english words...

No comments:

Post a Comment