Tuesday, April 15, 2014

SAWADDII JOW!!!!

SAWADDII JOW!!!! (Dilect of the north)

    It's HAPPENING. The water fight! Song Grum is the name of it. Also It was christmas! Oops I meant general conference. So good! ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD AND LANDON! may all your wildest dreams come true.... 

    So this water festival is the craziest thing in the entire world. Chiang mai is built around a square. it's probably a half square mile perimeter(To be honest... i don't know if i got that math right.) But the square is the major source of getting out and inside the square. its a major road with tons of cars...Okay you following? So, the square is the best place to have a water fight. Still following? The senior couple invited us over for dinner after general conference and they live outside the square and we live inside the square....... We had this rule to avoid the water fights on the sabath but that was a funny story. All of us missionaries in our sunday best make our way to the square. Only with a little bit of water on us. We get to the square. Traffic. Car to bumper filled with trucks and people in the back of their trucks with buckets and buckets of ice cold water and baby powder.... GAME OVER..... I thought I was going to die haha.  buckets of ice water pouring on me. The worst was when we were stuck behind cars and the power water guns would just spray the crap out of you. Oh my heck just google it. So fun so crazy. But actually my favorite was I ended up just getting stuck in some traffic and I just look up next to me with two large men in the truck bed with a bucket of water and I just smile at them and they smiled back and bam. Just covered me in water. I couldn't go anywhere. Broke that rule of avoiding song grum on sunday... We show up to the senior couples house soaked. haha. It was classic. This holiday is seriously insane. Chiang Mai is the best palce to be for it too. Haha. Classic. A member is going to take us around in her truck today. We are excited little missionaries. Water fights while wearing name tags? My job is too cool!

    My week other than just talking to you on wednesday hasn't changed we just watched conference and got spiritually fed! Oh so delicious. Seriously. It really was a huge blessing. During conference I reflected on mylife and thought. Wow. Right now I'm probably the BEST person I have ever been in my entire life and the lord is just feeding me blessings through the prophets mouth. I loved elder hollands talk obviously and Okay. Okay. I really am not a lady talk lover fan but the talk on Saturday morning of sister linda reeves was amazing! I just love alot of the reptition of the talks. Beautiful. I forgot my notebook because I was afraid it was going to get wet. But I felt the spirit alot. I also can't speak or spell english anymore. I don't really know whats wrong with my brain. 

    Also if anyone saw the general relief society broadcast... the I am a child of god video in 8 different languages? Yeah. One of those languages is thai. I was right in front of them while they were filming it..... it was the girls that looks like they are outside standing up just a line of young women. The last two on the right were my RC's. I was soooo freaking excited. Such a speacial opportunity for them. Also the ladies sitting down in a relief society room singing as well was thai. They sang "sawn chan took yang tii dong tham" ....if you can read that. Anyways. Very proud missionary in Thailand....

   General conference was amazing! The spirit just bore witness so strong that every thing is true. I'm so grateful for a living day prophet. It really makes me understand that god loves us today. I do think it amazing how the church will NOT get political but the passive agressivly state our beliefs. The church is so good with polotics. It makes me realize the patience aspect in our beliefs. Others want to chasten us but the prophet settly puts us back in our place by helping us remember the BASIC principles of the gospel. Sometimes I wonder why they don't reveal more deep doctrine but we can't even get the simple stuff down. How will we ever react to more doctrine if we can't live the simplicity. Anyways. LOVE THE GOSPEL LOVE THE PROPHET. This church is true.

 I love you all thank you for your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment