Monday, August 25, 2014

Whatttts Up

Definitely the longest week of my life! Haha. Let me explain...

Last monday: Zoo. saw a zebra. saw a giraffe. Held a falcon. Cool.

Last Tuesday: Happy mother's day (Thai style) Started off with an exciting activity with the branch. Then Sister Sumitra was able to talk to her mother when her mother cried. Told her she promises that she is going to start going to church when she gets off her mission (another year man) But she has been so stoked off of life. Being the only member in her family with no support has been so hard for her. But just getting that extra sweet push from her mother really motivated her and it was just a sweet miracle....

I don't know why i'm getting impatient emailing haha. 

Okay wednesday: Contacted all day. Got legit investies to go to church. Thursday: Same thing.

Thursday night.... food poisoning. Pretty bad this time. Worst I've ever had. In the bathroom like 30 times that night. The next morning we were supposed to do a switch off with the sisters in Surin... But i canclled. Haha i thought I was going to die. So after about 6 hours I finally let my comp take me to the hospital. There they told me my stomach was in a little bit of shock from throwing everything up and my fever was spiking so they made me stay at the hospital. Haha. I was a mess. My poor district leader calls me and I just am crying so hard haha. Poor elder astle...  He probably felt so akward. Sister Senior calls me tries to calm me down. My sweet little comp is just holding my hand. So much love.... Finally they take me to an area to get a shot for my stomach. He tried at first to give the shot in my bum. And sister Sumitra and I just start laughing and then I tell him no way and he gives it to me in the arm. It was too exciting. Anyways. Went through some more tests. gave me an IV. I felt so sick haha. THen they finally got me to the room where I slept and slept and doctors came and gave me medicine and I slept. THen all my elders and the members came to visit me that night. It was sweet. THen I slept and slept then the next morning I woke up. Then slept some more. Felt so much better. They release me at like 4pm. I'm just so grateful for my companion. SHe made things so much better and laughable... Haha
Anyways. After that traumatic experience we worked and had 12 people for sure going to church...Got to churhc. ONE showed up. hhaah. It was depressing. But that means this next week we have to work harder! Going to surin and sisagate to do switch off's :) Super stoked! Love my cute khon thai comp. My health is way better. Even though this area has the best food I definitely need to watch out for sicknessess. 

I love my mission:) Loveeee it!!!! This area is a bit hard. But hey. no worries... THe Lords timing is whats important. We will get it I'm sure... Got to figure out how to work with the members in this area. THey don't really like the missionaries at all. So a little struggle with that. But at the same time we could be doing a lot more:)
Last night we had a bonfire with our district. Every one is biting dust with investigators at church. So rough. But we'll find those goldies. :) But yes. Last night was awesome. Two of the elders made us spaggethtti. I suck at spelling haha. But it was sooo sweet. I love my district. The Lord really blessed me with a great distrcit!!!! Love them.!

Sister Phelps

Hospital fun.

Zoo Fun...me and my comp

Falcon

My delicious feet tan lines :) Missionary life.

No comments:

Post a Comment