Friday, August 29, 2014

Greetings from Sister Phelps

Mom called the mission office to let them know of Grandma Phelps's passing. She wrote this special email in response:


Greetings from Sister Phelps:)


I just got a call from President Senior about 5 minutes ago and he let me hear the news. I was expecting it today for some reason...i'm not sure why.. Cried a little. But it's fine....Mom wanted to talk to me is what president said:) Silly woman. It's way okay. I am way happy for grandma that she made it this long and she is a stud for living alone for so long and being way totally happy. The only thing that makes me sad is I have a postcard written out to her on my desk that I've had for a couple weeks that I have yet to send:( Some awesome memories float to my head.. I remember going to her house for mutual and doing puzzles with her every week. Or getting my first ipod from her...swimming at her house...And I can't tell you. She has been the most faithful writer on my mission with the best pictures in the world. haha. They kill me. Some with me and dad way back in the day... Just funny...I'm way stoked that she is with Grandpa again and I know she is killing it with missionary work beyond the veil while I'm killing it here. I'm way positive that her and grandpa are my angels and are helping me every step of the way. Love you too. Send everyone at the funeral and stuff my love for them. There is an end to everything... I've thought a lot about the end of my mission. And how sad I'm going to be when it's over and President just reminds me to no matter how good something is. There is always an end. And also a begging to something else...I'm probably sure grandma wanted to stay 20 years more. But there is always a good ending. She was surrounded by all her kids and probably just way happy. I know that there is life beyond the veil. Her and grandpa probably had the best Reunion. NO DOUBT.

I love you both so much. Promise. I'll pray for you and the family. Have a great week. Don't be down. Because we can just go do some Buddhist ceremonies to feel closer to grandma. Oops. Wait we aren't Buddhist. We'll see her in a few years:)

Haha. Love you both. Don't worry about writing me on Monday if you're busy with stuff. I'll write a nice long letter. Lot's to tell this week and you know I'm really good at talking about myself:) 

“I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up” D&C 84:88



No comments:

Post a Comment