Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I feel like an idiot

I swear I've been so negative in my last emails for no reason. I barely talk about the work or our investigators and I'm just complaining about my own dumb emotions haha. 
Last week really started off right with the trip to the waterfall. Most beautiful site i've seen in thailand and just felt the presence of the Lord. Plus there were little fish that ate your toes. It was gorgeous. I was just a little jealous of the members that got to swim in it. But No worries. Beautiful. Sorry my camera cord doesn't work here so i'll have to go to another internet place next week. 


WElllll..... Awesome experiences this week. I had the most classic preach my gospel moment. We were going to teacho one of our investigators who wasn't really progressing becasue he wanted an answer to his prayers before he jumps in the water which is seriously. I'm all for that. I want him converted. That is my job. My leaders on the other hand aren't for that. I decided to let our investigator push himself. He is a 19 year old boy who is seriously the coolest kid i've ever taught. He is the ladies man at church, but he doesn't know it yet. He has never had a girlfriend and just the most humble sweet kid ever. I'll start from the beggining. His name is Ing, one sunday about a month ago. We were exhausted and sooo tired and my companion had no desire to go contacting which is pretty hard being the motivated one. But i told her we would be blessed. So we went. Found ing at a resuraunt and i don't really invite people that are sitting down and eating. But my companion decides to do it. And she makes a return appointment that night. He really loved learning and was sooo good at praying and felt peace all the time when he prayed but still something was just keeping him back. Fast forward to last week when we had the best studies of our life that totally navigated the lesson with him. We read in Enos about his prayer on the mountain to the lord and we just taught about that and shared amazing experiences praying. Everyone in the lesson was crying. Which is something i've never truly done before the spirit was so thick. And then the most preach my gospel moment of my life happened. We look at Ing to say something. And he looks up, has tears in his eyes and said. "Guys, i prayed last night. Because you sisters kept saying I was ready to be baptized I decided to ask God if i was truly ready. And I felt so much peace that I couldn't deny that god didn't exsist, That jesus is the son of God and my savior. I want to be baptized."

SEriously. Talk about MIRACLE. It was a tender mercy from the lord. He was baptized yesterday... I've realized that if I can't make any differneces hre in ubon I know that I made a difference in his life. He litterally is my little brother. One of my favorite RC's ever. He is so strong in the church and i feel like it's because we decided not to push him when he didn't even know it was true. SOOO awesome...

I'm getting so excited to  cook you guys thai food. I've gotten sooo good at it. mmm super stoked.... Marie just has to take me to that asian market!!!! I've really gotten into thrift shopping. If you guys want anything. LIterally it's like a dollar. Ubon has the best thrifting areas. I have soooo many skirts and dresses that I'm sure i'll have to give away alot when i get home haha. i don't think i want to dress like a missionary everyday. I just love them.! I also love the savior. He helped me through a lot too. Also, fun fact. Sister Summitra thought she had parasites and we got her the poop pills. That has been fun.! Oh I made some way good chicken the other day. I'm so excited because we have a toaster oven... 

All in all the work is going. We are currently teaching a drunk investigator that is looking to change his life. He stopped drinking last week. We have been teaching him for a while. It's been so awesome to just improve the quality of his life. Last night we all sang I am a child of god. And he sang along and it was just tender and sweet.!

TRANSFERS are this week. I have to go down no matter what for visa stuff. I wonder what will happen:) okay. Love you much!
Keep being happy. And slow down to smell the roses <3 Best advice I got this week.
-Sister Phelps.

P.S. Guess what.... sister Holmes just told me that my motorcycle miracle father man Jerlene..... He is elders quorum president. That branch has been seeking for an elders quorum president for 8 months now..... Seriously. I'm sooo happy right now with that news...

Baptism<3

No comments:

Post a Comment