Saturday, September 6, 2014

What's Good...

Good to hear from you this week,
CRAP!. I had sooo much stuff written down in my planner that I wanted to share today... the only day I forget my planner and the only time I write down stuff from the week!

It was definitely hard news hearing about Grandmas passing on Thursday. Just an exhausting day but I had some really good studies about the plan of salvation and just know everything is meant to be. She was so cute. Every letter she sent me would make me laugh. I got one last wednesday the day before I got the news and it just made me laugh. She is so cute haha. It had a picture of everyone at there 50th wedding anniversary. And then I was thinking about her awesome reunion with grandpa and Jana. I was comparing it to what my reunion and what it will be like when I see everyones cute normal skinny faces and that will be extremely special for me and I can't even imagine the joy I will have. And then I was thinking about Grandmas reunion with Jana and Grandpa. Oh what an exciting event. I hope someone took pictures in the after life:) But Grandma was a STUD. All my district leaders and my companions know about her because every week I would get a letter with the best pictures and when I would get mail it was the "lets open it to see what picture it is".... It was awesome. And If I never went on a mission I would have never seen these pictures:) What a champ. I love her with all my heart. 

This last week was weird! President Senior came and took a visit to ubon and sat me and the zone leaders down and had a talk with us. It was awesome. Our zone right now is taking a hit and no one knows why. But he just told us he knew ubon was a great area. Gave us a lot of confidence and then told us he had a feeling to send us three here because we were one of his most hard working missionaries and stuff like that. Haha. My mind was blown. I had no idea president felt that way about me. And he really meant it. This guy is the funniest most honest man alive. it just felt way good to be that close to president senior and him calling each of us 3 by name and telling us that he loved us and sent us here and made us leaders of ubon because he had only the best confidence in us. Just way awesome. There was really a problem with a member so that why he came up to ubon but it was nice for him to sit down with us three and talk about our zone. I feel like those opportunities rarely come. 

Ubon is seeing miracles. We had 5 investigators at church yesterday. We had a way cool experience with finding them. One of them lives by the church and his name is dow. We saw him digging in the trash for bottles by the church so we stop him and invite him in. I thought he was homeless at first and he got so embarrassed to go into the church. He complained that he smelt and felt way to dirty to be going into this beautiful building (by the way our building is gorgeous) we convinced him anyways. Brought him in and showed him the church. He loved it. We showed him the baptismal font and loved it. Gave him a date for next sunday He was the most normal man I've ever met. Just the sweetest father of three children just wanting to earn extra money by getting bottles from trash bins. Sunday rolls around and he comes to church and loves it. Tells us he knows his life will change. My heart ached that day. I thought about how really important baptism is and how much god really does love his children. I thought about how much I wanted this filthy man to come into our church to learn about his divine potential but he felt like he wasn't good enough to step inside the beautiful building. I felt sad that I had judged this awesome father that loved his children and just wanted a little extra money. He was dressed and cleaned nicer than most of the members at church. He had so much potential and all it took was just an invite. Heavenly father wants us in his kingdom but we are dirty. And need to clean ourselves often.
Anyways.

A little about my companion. SHe is my favs. I have to say. I've been the luckiest when It comes time to companions. I've loved each of my companions with all my heart. sISTER Summitra is the funniest. She is 24 but she acts like she is 3 sometimes. She is NOT a morning person. And on the truth side... most of you may not no this but I hate mornings as well. ahah. Okay everyone knows that. But times that by 40. Everynight she makes sure I'm getting her up in the morning. It takes like 20 minutes. She wines and laughes. She is like a dead person in the morning. Haha. And then we just laugh about it. I mostly just poke her butt till she gets up....She is just ridiculous... She makes some boss food though. We have a new mission rule to cook more at our homes because so many people are getting sick so she teaches me how to make thai food. Yesterday we made the elders food. It was sooo freaking delicious..... Oh I love her. She is so caring too. Always asking me how I'm doing.. She loves to eat. And drink slurpees from seven.... Every time we are contacting at Big C she has either an ice cream or a bag of popcorn in one hand and a baptism card in the other. Haha. She is really heavy for how tiny she is. So dense. apparently Ubon has the best mexican food in thailand. So last week we tried it out... Definitely not close but it was decent. Just was expensive. She got a beef burrito. And she isn't a huge american food eater but she oppens the burrito and was so confused in why there was rice in it. Haha. It was way funny.

Just trying to think of random things this week. Yesterday I had that awward moment where all the members told me I was the perfect barbie and grabbing me and my face and telling me I look like barbie and she work at disneyland. It's so awkward haha..I had a moment where I was riding my bike and smelt steak. I thought I was going to die. It smelt sooo good. I can't wait to eat steak again. I'm trying to think of what else. Nothing much:)

Ubon is doing better. Definitely my hardest area so far. But i'm pretty sure it won't be that way for long. I only have one last area. ANd i refuse to let it be a stick in a bush. It's gotta be legit. And I have way great angels all about me....

I love you all. Have a great week at the funeral. Send everyone my love. Love you all.
-Sister Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment