Friday, September 12, 2014

Sorrrrryyyy

WoW!

Sounds like grandmas funeral was awesome. ANd the carriage. Such a nice touch... I was definitely touched by all the emails I received today. I've been going a little crazy emotionally this week. So we decided to go hike a waterfall today so that I can take a mental break:) Unfortunately I have no time to email anyone today:( I'm so sorry.


I have a joke though. It's one of those awesome ones. So there is this Elder. And he finds a magic lamp and he rubs it and a genie pops out. He says you have three wishes. The first wish he asks for a grand area. So the genie makes it happen. And he is just way happy loves his area. A few days later he rubs it again and asks the genie to give him the best companion ever. The genie bam. makes it happen. All is well he is just a happy missionary. Then He decides okay. Geenie, i want to be the best missionary in the world. And poof. The genie did just that and turned him into a sister:)


But seriously. Sister's are legit:) haha. Okay maybe it wasn't so funny. Elders are just dumb sometimes. I can't handle it haha.


This last week was adventurous. Went to bankok on friday morning. 9 hour drive. Sucked. We had our personal tv's and you know. I'm a missionary. Can't watch it. So i decided to try and sleep. Didn't work too well. Saturday we had a leadership meeting with the director of missionary work in the world. Elder Allen. And a member of the corum of the 70. Elder Funk... It was some good info. But overall the pretty much bashed our mission and the things we were doing. It was heartbreaking because President was there too. I feel like I have seen so many miracle off these things we are doing here. I'll have to explain it more when I get home. But I was pretty upset after that meeting. Then we went back to ubon. Got in at 7 in the morning. And was at the church at 8am. Barely time for a shower. The most tired I've ever been in my mission. haha. No sleep on a bus. and A stressful sunday. But it's good.


This transfer is almost over. Which scares me because I can't finish my mission like this. I've been so sad in this area for some reason. It's just my refiners fire. Trying so hard to get baptisms or just helping our zone. The AP's ragged on me and the zone leaders the other night telling us that anyone can get a baptism if we have the faith. Ugh. There are a lot of messed up missionaries right now in the mission. There is nothing that bugs me more than arrogant missionaries. But it's fine. I love my companion. I'm starting to love this area too. I feel more peace here than when I started. I just know I'm here for a reason and here to help which brings a lot of peace.


So I don't think i've said this but I taught a monk last week. All dressed up in his monk clothes.... It was intense. Mostelly because I couldn't understand his fancy vocabulary. Sister Summittra took over but he pretty muched told us how every religion in good. All that jazz. Then we thought nothing more of it after the lesson. He calls us two days ago. Telling us he has read the whole book of mormon and it's changed his life and he was currently in the hospital and wanted to come to church on sunday but wasn't sure how. But he promised to come this next week. Talk about weird. Definitely the weirdest coolest thing ever. We'll baptize a monk. We'll do it:)


So a little random side note. there is a word in thai that I cannot get right. For the life of me. It's the word for bugs and cancer. They are the same exact word. (Malaang) Just one is a little bit longer on the "A" sound haha. SO i get made fun of everytime I say one of those words. "Do you have bugs?" or "Oh my gosh, there is cancer on me." Yeah. Daily. It is dumb:) I also think it's hilarious when my companion is brushing her teeth and trying to talk to me at the same time. I'm like, what language are you speaking? haha. Way too funny.


Okay. I love you all! Have a great week! Always sending Grandma my love.

-Sister Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment