Monday, March 3, 2014

Whats Good

Okay Marie. Obviously Elders got me hooked on saying whats good. It's stuck with me. I honestly don't know how to get rid of it out of my vocabulary.... 

Some news I'm pretty sure I've never shared before is that absolutely no native thai can say my last name. Somehow they always get an "R" sound in there and I legitimately just always except whenever someone tries to say my name and looks to me for approval. Fart. frit. Fet. Failt. Yeah... They cant say the "ps" sound for the life of them. Hahaa when i really try to get a kick out of my own name I try to make them say it over and over again until they get it right. They get so embarrassed when they try to speak like a white person... haha... but... My most recently favorite one was Sister Breakfast. Don't ask me how that happens.... I still don't know haha. But mostly I'm sister Fart. Bless their hearts.

Not much has happened this week. We are working hard in our area but not too much progress. We think this week will be a good week. Sister Ladle fell off her bike for the first time. It was hilarious. I felt a little bad but not at the same time. I taught her how to do the "harry potter" on the bike where you put your legs behind you like you're riding a broom and before she even tried she lost control, hit the curb, and then fell off because she almost hit me... hahah It was too awesome. I love her.... Bless her heart. She also had the flu for 2 days this week. I was cabin fever. But i'm so aware that God lives because McDonalds delivers:) Yeah. That was fun... I felt bad... I've had the flu once so I patiently waited on her needs. It was good feeling of charity.

I'm loving my companion. She is soooo good. We both are at the same level of thai so if one of us doesn't understand the other one doesn't either. It's pretty cool. Asian languages are hard. Still working at it.....

Yesterday the Presiding Bishop of the WHOLE Church came to explore Thailand and called a meeting for all the missionaries. It was a last minute meeting in Asoke and we had to cancel an appoitment with a potential investigator to go. And it was fast sunday. And we weren't going to be home till nine. .. Anyways...... I slightly just wasn't feeling the meeting. Hearing President senior talk about how much he loves his missionaries was a huge highlight and I just love him sooo much and the Bishop stevenson talked about how we need to have a continual flow of investigators and telling us things that we just like common sense to any missionary. Anyways. I turn to sister Ladle and I'm like. I'm feeling totally bad but it's 830 and I want to go home and eat and I've heard all of this before plenty of times. And then she writes to me "Reptition is the best teacher." Definitely humbled me and then I stayed attentive... Still really dry but it was a better learning experience for me. for sure. so my lesson to everyone is that if you think something is repetitive. Just think that reptition is the best way you'll learn something.... Especially learning another language. It also works with Basic doctrine.... 

Anyways. Nothing exciting I'll get back to you next week on our many miracles we are expecting:) I love my mission. I love my savior. It's all true.

Sister Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment