Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Alright, alright I have pictures... stay tunedThe Elders Came to my rescue.... The Elders Came to my rescue....

    Alright. I'm getting my fill of movies. Count of Monte Cristo..... Classic? That scene where he is sitting in the prison and hits to rocks together and the bounce off of each other and he says. It's physics. With action there is just as much reaction to any given object. And then the two rocks bounce off each other. Well there is no difference in MISSIONARY WORK.... When there is opposition there is just a reaction to that am I right? Says it in the scriptures. 

    OKAY OKAY. I do not know what happened. Okay obviously I do. It was God. BUT THIS WEEK BOOMED. I just want to cry.. The Lord has blessed us so much. We threw out so many dates and have a grand number of people to be baptized this month. One of our miracles "BookBeek" I'm not sure how to spell that in english but she is the most prepared person I've ever met. We gave her a baptism date for the 16th and she is loving the gospel. As missionaries we try to teach all the major commandments on the first lesson (Word of Wisdom, Law of Chasity) and usually thats the end of it. But BookBeek just accepted them with open arms and had absolutely no problems. She loves church. She loves the members. She is 22 years old and just ready to take upon herself the name of Jesus Christ. I'm so excited for her. Miracle. Found contacting. I'll kill her she is too cute. Beautiful too. So she is getting baptized this week. :) Hurray. The Lord's hand is really in this work. He is VERY AWARE. Of what he is doing. I understand baptizing people fast might not have the best retention rate but it's the fastest way to get a temple for Thailand. And that's or goal as a mission:) TEMPLES!

    Soooo lets see. Yesterday zone conference. Spiritually uplifting. The only really new thing is they lifted the music rule:) We can listen to ANYTHING in the hymn book by different composers not just mormon tabernacle. But to be honest I just want to listen to like EFY music. But i'll take it. Instrumental music is going to be exciting.... 

    Something funny. Everyone is like introduce yourself and say something cool that no one knows. This poor elder that just got into country. Was like, I'm elder so and so and I... I have diarrhea. hahaha I feel so bad... I remember when I first got into country. I honestly thought I was going to die at any second. Hahahahaha. I'm dying. Okay... Also something weirdly funny happened this week. Working in an international branch has it's perks and obviously in Thailand speaking english is not a perk when I'm trying to be fluent. We had a Thai lesson one morning then and english lesson than a thai lesson than dinner with an english family and then a thai lesson in one day. Freak. My thai.... My english. I don't even know what I was speaking in every lesson. My poor companion looked at me so many times like. Get ahold of yourself and speak the right language hahaha. Oh man. It was a struggle just speaking that day. I wanted to die in a corner but I just laughed. Everyone else thought it was funny too. AHH. 

    I have probably my most embarrassing moment of my mission field experience. Sister Ladle and I went tracting in neighborhoods one day. Well it was really freaking hot outside so I was sweating a bunch but thankfully I had water... anyways. I'll make it a short story. I saw a ball of flowers and I thought "what better way to entertain myself than drop kick this ball of flowers and see how far it goes." Wrong. I'm an idiot. my shoe flies with it over a fence with spokes on top to keep intruders out and it had a big gate. So I'm screwed. The ground in pavement(poorly paved...3rd world country) and the people weren't home. So I made the embarrassing call to our district leader that I needed shoes because mine flew over a fence so they come like 10 minutes later with giant elder crocs. You know the dumb ugly ones. I wore those for the rest of the day.... too embarrassing. Good thing Thai people don't give a crust of what you wear.... so english i was teaching in over sized ugly crocs... classic.....

    But I just have a lot of positive feeling from this last week. I can't really put them on paper. I probably thought about home the least this week and really just enjoyed the miracles from God. Just awesome. I'll definitely keep you updated next week:) I love you all and your prayers are definitely answered... Thank you :) Have a great week! 

PMG "God’s whole purpose—His work and His glory—is to enable each of us to enjoy all His blessings."

Sister Phelps

Guess who I saw last week!? AOM! And Maa Huang. Oh my I love them soooo much. Sister Huang the mother in the picks I worked with so much in Udon. She unfortunately less active but hopefully her daughter going on a mission 


Udon reunion in Bangkok:)





The Elders Came to my rescue.... 

now my comp and I have the same shoes. How adorable.

we had just gotten off our 4 mile bike ride to our house. shoot me so hot and sweaty haha

No comments:

Post a Comment