Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ups Ups and More Ups

    Holy cow. I have finally reached the point in the mission where myself is completely forgotten. I never thought I would be this way. It's crazy to have a senior companion again that is so tiny she eats nothing. So what happens when I forget about myself? It's nine o'clock and totally forgot to eat since breakfast. I can't believe how much the mission is changing me. Also I'm skinnier. I won't complain....  But I heard the harder you work the hotter your husband is..... Freak. I better have a saucy husband is all i'm saying.... 

    I LOVE THE WORK IN CHIANG MAI. Seriously. They weren't lying when they said it's heaven... I've beat the record in my mission(personally) in how many new investigators we can get in one week......crazy crazy. So so busy. We also were busy with District Conference. Zone Conference. And a million missionaries coming to stay with us. REmember I had zone conference inBangkok? Then here in chiang mai? Haha. too funny. I got it twice. But yes.. Crazy crazy busy busy week.

    Oh and we had a baptism on top of that:) Tat.. Such a cutie. We got here. She was an eternal investigator but haha. A couple hours changed that. We got her in the water within a week. She is amazing and brought her three friends to learn with us after her baptism yesterday. Too funny. Now her 3 friends have a date to be baptized next month haha. 

    Something really sad hit me this week. WE were in a car on the way to some place when we saw a dead mans body on the side of the road. It hurt my heart. THe ambulance was there and the guy had a sheet covering half his body but the other half was exposed. He looked like he was in a motorcycle accident without a helemet. It was weird no on was doing anything. like putting the body in the ambulance. It was gross. and scarring. It was really sad. I will always wear my seatbelt and helmet. Don'[t want to be a dead missionary. 

    Can I just take a moment to express my love for my companion. It is so hard to serve her because she is serving me like every second of the freaking day.. She always tells me in english "Sorry. It's my culture" ANd then continues to serve me. Oh man. We get along so well and I haven't laughed harder or felt the spirit more than when we are together. We are powerful. She is THE BEST. She teaches me everyword I ever want to know in Thai if I can explain it in thai first.. Haha. So I obviously now know the word for "wedgie" and "bum" yeah... She is the best. And obviously. Since the mission hasn't changed me too much. I teach everyone the word wedgie in Thai. She laughs so hard. She is like why did I teach you that? Did I tell you she is sooo good at english. she spoils me and only speaks thai. But we say the word "Suck" all the time. haha. It's so funny to hear the word suck in an asian accent. 

    So this is the funniest thing that has ever happened to me a missionary. So we taught this one less active on saturday and started preparing her for the temple. And she is way less active. Told us it's hard for her to keep commandments. She is a little strange anyways. But we go to district fireside saturday night and there is this old crazy crazy lady that just will start laughing and talking and standing up. It's really a hilarious site. ANd then as we are watching her we see our less active take a swig of alchohol.............................. IN THE SACRAMENT ROOM. Me and sister Somboonit turn to each other and just start laughing soooo hard we are like OH NO. hahahahaha. THat was SO crazy! we couldn't control ourselves I felt so bad. Oh my gosh. I don't think i've ever seen a member in the sacrament room during a meeting take a swig of alchohol hahaha. Oh too funny.

    We just taught a freaking lot this week. Tore up our area. It's been a blessing to be here in CHiang Mai. I am so happy here. I love the work. I love talking about temples more (thanks to my legit brother). It sucks that I could have been going at this speed the last little bit in my mission. But oh well:) 

    I love you all. The church is true. I just want to share it for the rest of my life. I know god loves his children and is waiting to bless them:) Just ask. <3

Sister Phelps

This is our relationship. She writes in her journal and I come and rub my belly on her bed while talking about life. 

I saw sister ellis:)

4 awesome sisters

baptisms are fun



No comments:

Post a Comment