Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I MOVED! TRANSFERED. CRAZY. SUDDEN.

    Thursday. I get a call. "Sister Phelps you're moving. pack your bags and leave. " It was literally so weird. Not expecting this random call. No transfers meeting nothing. A couple other girls moved too. But woah. I was NERVOUS. I was like. Worried about everything. Crazy.........

    Well. I'll get it out. I'm in the"heaven" every missionary calls it that because it's the most desirable place to go. One the work is fun. The people are nice and it's the best best for tourists. SO many fun things. Play with tigers. Ride elephants. Everything touristy. So many hippies. Yes I'm in CHIANG MAI. So freaking lucky and excited. I'm also in a district with all natives. My language is absurdly terrible. Haha. but it's improving a ton! I am so grateful I understand everything being said to me FINALLY just saying and expressing myself fully is harder than having food poisoning on the way home from utah. 

    MY COMPANION. Sister Somboonit! I know you with hack that name. Haha. She is the coolest! my favorite companion so far. We get along so well. She is from Korat. I went on a companion exchange with her in sagonakon for a day and then I went on a comp exchange in korat with sister Stack! She somboonit is a freaking hoot. Right before I got on a 10 hour bus ride to come here I stopped by the office first to get our phone and things because we reopened this area and I ran into president. He like was excited to see me and drags me in his office and we have a legit interview. He loves his missionaries SO much. But he was telling me how lucky I was to work with sister Somboonit and how she was a treasure to his mission and knows these last 6 weeks are seriously crucial and recieved insipation that I needed to be the one to kill her. haha. How freaking weird. I feel way special. I don't know how I got so lucky. We are a BOMB in Chiang Mai. We are seriously killing it. We go everyday contacting and we have found more people in one day that I have in more than 2 weeks time. It is incredible. Chiang Mai is a dream!

    Sister Somboonit grew up catholic hard core. Never was Buddhist and then her parents converted and 3 years ago she was baptized. She is so strong. Huge testimony. She is 24 years old. Such a boss. She is about as short as Landon! Haha she is soooo small. I look like a GIANT compared to her! SOoooo crazy... She was companions with a native before me. I can tell that I will be her favorite. And this will be her favorite area. President told me to work her hard. So. What else to do than hit the pavement:) SOoo cool! As you can tell I'm loving my life right now....

    We have had some awesome laughs already. She saved me from walking in a mens restroom. She teaches me slang in thai. It's awesome. It's just so weird having to talk about brushing my teeth in thai. Because I've never had to learn those words. Just some funny things on a side note The other day I saw an 'obama 08' sticker. That was funny. So something funny in thai is single people in thai literally translates to "fresh people" That means no matter how many times Meagan says she is awesome. She is not fresh because she ain't single:) Our house is also soooo freaking old. Just the only downside to Chiang Mai. haha.

    I have a new calling in the branch. Since chiang mai is so populated I'm the official translator for all the english speakers. It's insane. There is nothing harder than translating an entire hour of sacrament meeting. I feel so bad. Sometimes the speakers just read out of a manual so I'll either just make something up or I will just say. Sorry guys I don't understand. Haha. It's so funny and frustrating. Also because my companion I only speak thai with when I was translating would say a word in Thai and just like get stuck because I don't know how to translate it. haha. I'll get better I hope.....Sucks being a white person.... The real challenge is translating from english to thai...... Had to do that too. I'm terrible TERRIBLE at it. haha. Oh man. I hope my language booms from this.....

    Coming in Half way through the month, opening an area, and having to get 2 baptisms a month.... I was stressed the whole bus ride thinking abut that because my last area was SET. Oh I missed my RC's baptisms. Oh weell. But Since I've gotten here. I just know that the lord loves me and SIster Somboonit and we are already at a comfortable spot after 2 days. We have a lot of faith. Not a lot of time together. But we are stoked out of our little brains. I can't believe I have 7 months left. Thats just gross. haha I love my mission too much. So amazing! 

    Thats all for this week. This morning we hiked a mountain to a beautiful garden. So awesome. We also passed by a giant garden named "Pooping Palace." That will never get old. NEVER... Next week we are planning on playing with baby tigers:) So stinking sweet. 

I love you all! 

Sister Phelps

Yeah. This just happened... it's a great story

a girl who is in our branch that is leaving to san diego on her mission this week. She is so cute!

me and my companion in a truck

These are stairs i climbed up this morning. soo freaking legit... i was dead by the end

Today we went to a hmong village...
...and played in a beautiful garden... 


...and the coolest wats ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment