Monday, March 31, 2014

Howdy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA PHELPS! It looks like a party at disneyland! If I could eat 12 disneyland corndogs right now I would! I hope your day was a special special one! Love you grams!

    Seriously. Chiang Mai food. I just have the runs too much haha. Oh well. This area is a dream. I'll deal with it. 

    I don't have much to report on! We found some people that are so prepared for the gospel. This one lady walks in the church for a baptism. And was like. Sweet. When can I get baptized. We are like. 2 weeks too fast? She was like "ได้ได้ได้ได้ได้ได้".. (yes yes yes. i can yes) We were like. Okay. awesome. See you at church. But then she couldn't go to church that day. Too frustrating. Oh well.... She said that every sunday for the rest of her life she could except last sunday taking care of her mom or some rice fields. To be quite honest. I don't really know still to this day. Haha, I don't speak thai. Just kidding.

    This week sister somboonit and I got sick. That's always fun. Except it is actually fun when we both woke up at 6 am and told each other we were feeling sick and then next thing we know is our district leaders calling us at 5pm. holy cow. We were out for a whole day and we both didn't even know it. Companion Unity is all I"m saying.

    Today we went and hiked to a waterfall.... an elder "accidentally slipped" into the water..... I was jealous.... but I got to stand under a waterfall. Felt like heaven in the hot season. Definitely worth it. At first we were going to go ride elephants and play with monkeys but then every one bailed except me and another sister. haha. I was so bummed at first. Everyone was like. ride elephants? Eh lets go to a waterfall. I'm like. DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF... you are freaking crazy.... haha. Oh man. oh well the waterfalls were way sick and it felt good to hike and feel healthy.

    We are finding some sweet investigators. THe people here in chiang mai are so christlike and nice it's so easy to convince them to learn about mormons. It's a weird concept I still haven't wrapped my mind around.

    I have some really good news. I found the best cocoa shake in town. 20 baht only. I get one more often then I'm proud of. It's fine. I still have one more month till my 6 months to get sexy plan.

That's all for this week! I love you all! The church is true. The book is Blue.

Sister Phelps

I also forgot to tell you that I think Thailand is closer to a temple than we thought. Cambodia is about to have 2 stakes and Thailand is about to have two stakes. Together that makes 4 stakes. YOu only need 4 stakes to make a temple and it's only like 1-2 hours from cambodia. How weird is that... Another exciting news is our mission had 212 baptisms this month. A record in thailand history. So awesome....

This is my life this morning. Hiked to waterfalls. Got stinking drenched. I wore some pants (My fat pants.....which are too small now) And you know. Just chillin in Chiang Mai. I don't think getting drenched by a waterfall is against the rules right? it felt AMAZING. I can't wait to go swimming for reals.




No comments:

Post a Comment